vi. 𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫

I just realized...there isn't much Daminette in this. Whoops.

"A lie can travel halfway around the world, while the truth is still putting it's shoes on." - Mark Twain.

Marinette groaned as someone shook her

Marinette groaned as someone shook her. "What?" she mumbled, turning over. "Leave me alone."

Suddenly, they pulled her off the bed, and Marinette braced herself for the fall. What she wasn't expecting was a pair of hands to wrap around Marinette, securely.

"Habibti," Damian's lips brushed her cheeks because he was so close. "Wake up."

Slowly, her eyes blinked open. "Hmm?" she asked, sleepily.

"Wake up," Damian whispered into her ear. "I have something to tell you."

That caught Marinette's attention.

She sat up - or as much as she could in Damian's arms - and looked around. "Really? What is it?"

Damian eyed her with a small smile. He opened his mouth to say something, when Marinette stiffened.

With Ladybug's speed, she launched herself into the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

Exactly 5 seconds later, Marinette's father opened the trapdoor to her room. "Has she woken up?" he asked jovially and Marinette let out a sigh of relief that they had avoided that awkward conversation.

☆☆☆☆☆

At the breakfast table, Marinette looked at Damian curiously. "What were you going to tell me?" she asked him.

Damian gave her a wide smirk.

"What's happening?" Marinette asked suspiciously. Damian never did that unless something was up.

His only response was a "You'll see."

Marinette sighed. Sometimes, she wished Damian wasn't so stubborn.

☆☆☆☆☆

Alya shifted on her feet in the school's courtyard. Why would Marinette do this?

Her life's work - all gone! With a click of a button, everything she had worked so hard for would be gone, deleted forever.

"Why would she do this?" Alya sniffed, talking to Rose and Juleka.

Rose, ever the nice one, patted her shoulder kindly. "I don't know, Alya, but look! There she is!"

And there Marinette was. She was laughing along with her boyfriend - a Waybe! Alya wished she was still Marinette's best friend. She didn't understand where she had gone wrong.

Nevertheless, Alya couldn't help but miss the times where she and Marinette would giggle over little things, inside jokes and slumber parties with the girls. With Lila, they only ever listened to her grand tales.