Part 2

Groot stops dancing. Angry that Drax has ruined his fun, he picks up a piece of the stereo and beats him with it. Drax stands and glares at the ferocious beast as Rocket, Y/N, Quill, and Gamora BLAST at it without effect.

"The beast's hide is too thick to be pierced from the outside. I must cut through it from the inside."
"Huh?" Y/N and Gamora says, Y/N land beside Gamora as Drax hollers, charging at the creature. Y/N face palm

"What is Drax doing?" Quill flew down, landing
"He said the skin is to thick to be pierced from the outside so he - -"
"That doesn't make sense" Y/N growled
"I tried telling-"

"It's skin is the same thickness from the inside as from the out" Quill interrupts
"I REALIZE THAT!" Gamora yells

- inside the monsters belly -
Drax hollers as he slashes away inside the goo of the beast's stomach. To no avail.
- outside-

Y/N looks up a bit, seeing a cut on the aliens neck, turning to Quill and Gamora "Quill, Gamora. Theirs a cut on its neck" Y/N started to fly up with Quill "Rocket! Get it to look up!!" Quill said as they flew above to get the aliens attention.

"Hey, you giant Sea Monkey, up here!" Y/N yells as she flew around its head, then up. Passing Rocket as the alien screeches at Quill, Y/N and Rocket flying overhead. The colorful splatter matter comes from its mouth, hitting Rocket, burning his clothes and gun.
Y/N flew up to Rocket to help him pat it off.
Gamora ran, cutting its neck open. The beast wobbles before collapsing and dies. As the alien collapse, Drax spills out of the wound, covered in yellow muck. He raises his arms in victory "Ha Ha! I have single-handedly vanquished the beast!!"
Quill scoffs, Rocket snorts, Gamora stares at him, dead eyes. Y/N cross her arms beside Groot throwing a rock at him. Drax looks over at Groot "what?"

Y/N roll her eyes, picking up Groot "come to mommy" she says, walking up to Anulax batteries.
Drax wipe his body with a towel "What are they called again?" "Anulax batteries." "Harbulary batteries." Drax tries to repeat what Quill said but messed up. "That's nothing like what I just said. But they're worth thousands of units a piece. Which is why the Sovereign hired us to protect them."
Quill says as Rocket pulls out one of the anulax batteries, checking it out.

Gamora, Y/N holding Groot while she sat on Drax, while he walk behind Quill. Rocket stays back a moment.

Quill nods down the walkway, where the sovereign citizens stand at the edge of the station, gawking "Just be careful what you say around these folks. They're easily offended and the cost of transgression is death."
"Sounds judgmental for a bunch of golden morons." Drax says making Y/N giggle
"That's the kind of thing you might want to keep to yourself." Quill snap his neck back at Drax

"I'll hold my tongue, as long as they deliver what was promised." Gamora says, as Y/N jump down from Drax's shoulder, Rocket ran up and grabbing Y/N hand while she held Groot.
-

An enormous golden palace in the shape of a globe, dappled by morning sunlight.
"We thank you, Guardians, for putting your life on the line. We could not risk the lives of our own Sovereign citizens."

The high priestess ayesha is stunningly beautiful with golden skin. Her chambermaids and other citizens flutter throughout her luxurious lair, all of whom are equally perfect. Y/N rub her arm, feeling not so perfect.

"Every citizen is born exactly as designed by the community, impeccable, both physically and mentally. We control the DNA of our progeny, germinating them in birthing pods." Ayesha said.

Reader POV
I stand beside Quill, rubbing my arm as Groot sat on my shoulder.

"I guess I prefer making people the old-fashioned way." Quill says, I nod. Agreeing with him
"Well... perhaps someday you could give me a history lesson in the archaic ways of our ancestors... for academic purposes." Ayesha said, looking Quill up and down
"Yeah, I mean, if it's for research that could be pretty --" Quill sees Gamora staring at him. "Pretty repulsive. I'm not into that kind of casual stuff"

Ayesha cleared her throat, I jolt up and look up at her "how about that little chubby creature? A cat... she isn't as normal as she should be... inside a different body"
"Excuse-" "Your people promised something in trade for our services. Bring it and we shall gladly be on our way." Gamora interrupts me, stepping in front of me. I bit my bottom lip, walking to Rocket, glaring down.

Ayesha nods, pointing her finger out without moving her head to the side,
Two soldier emerge with a women in a hood and cloak, her wrists bound by shackles. They shove her to her knees and yank back her hood, revealing Nebula. Her clothes are tattered. Her hand is now just a low-tech metal claw. She glares at Gamora. Gamora glares at her. Quill looks from one to the other, feeling the tension.
"Yay family reunion" Quill says awkwardly

"I understand she is your sister?" Ayesha said as Gamora roughly picks Nebula up, starts to go.
"She's worth no more to me than the bounty due for her on Xandar."
"Our soldiers apprehended her attempting to steal the batteries. Do with her as you please." Ayesha said, then she look over to Quill "Thank you, High Priestess Ayesha."
Quill starts to go.

"What is your heritage, Mr. Quill?" Ayesha ask, making Quill turns back towards her, uncomfortable with the question. I growl lightly, seeing how uncomfortable he is.
"My mother is from earth.
"And your father?"
"He's... not from Missouri, that's all I know."
Ayesha stares at him as if she's eaten something foul "I see it within you, an unorthodox genealogy. A hybrid that seems particularly... reckless."

Quill tries not to let this affect him, but it does. Rocket grins a huge, fake grin at Ayesha. "You know, they told me you peoplel were conceited douchebags. But that isn't true at all." Rocket turns to Quill and winks, seeing that made the Priest and Sovereign citizens gasp

"Oh, shit, I'm using my wrong eye again, aren't I?" I nod, holding in a laugh, making me cough.
Rocket looks up to Ayesha "I'm sorry. That was meant to be behind your back" Drax yanks Rocket away and grabs me, putting me on his shoulder just like Groot on mine, looking forward Gamora and Quill head out of the lair. Drax, Groot,Rocket and me are a few paces behind
"Count yourself blessed they didn't kill you." Drax said
"yeah, she could of just lift a finger and kill you Rocket" I look down at him
" You're telling me. You wanna buy some batteries?" Rocket grins and shows me and Drax something hidden in his bag, seeing 2 anulax batteries. Drax laughs as I gasp, looking at Rocket, impressed, I start laughing. Rocket shushes both of us so Quill and Gamora don't hear.