Part 7

Around the campfire, Y/N sat next to Rocket cleaning up Groot to keep him clean as Quill sat next to his father Ego.

"When your mother passed away, I hired Yondu to pick you up." Quill sitting around a campfire with Ego, Mantis and the others, eating. Ego indulges heartily. "I would have done so myself, but I was in the midst of an outlandish adventure at the time, battling demonic forces to save this dimension or some such nonsense - I can't quite recall, it all bleeds together after awhile. But instead of returning you, Yondu kept you. I have no clue as to why." Ego sighs
"Because I was a skinny kid who could squeeze into places adults couldn't, making thieving easier." "I've been trying to track you down ever since." Ego reassures
"I thought Yondu was your father."
Drax says, looking at Quill. Quill looks at him like he had 2 heads "What?" Drax stares at him.

"We've been together all this time and you thought Yondu was my actual, blood relative?" "You look exactly alike." Drax says
"One's blue." Rocket says "but to his offense, you thought Hydra was Y/N biological mother"
"No I didn't, but He wasn't my father. Yondu was the guy who abducted me. He'd beat the crap out of me so I'd learn how to fight and he kept me in terror threatening to eat me."
"Eat you?!" Ego basically yells, making Y/N's ears go down and hiss

"Yes." "That son-of-a-bitch."
Gamora look at Ego suspiciously "How'd you locate us now?"
"Even where I reside, out past the edge of what's known, we've heard tell of the man they call Star-Lord." He stands, handing his dish to Gamora. "Say we head out that way now? Your associates are welcome, even that triangle-faced monkey there."
Rocket, self-conscious, feels his nose.
"Hey!! Watch it!" Y/N growled "and that creepy looking creature" Y/N gasp at Ego's words. She snaps her mouth and tries to jump at him, Drax grabs her, sitting her beside him.
Ignoring Y/N Ego continued "I promise you, it's like no place you've ever seen. And there I can explain your very special heritage, and finally be the father I've always wanted to be." Almost having a teary moment "'Scuse me. I gotta take a whizz." Ego leaves. Quill looks at Gamora.
" Not buying it." "Peter, we need to take a walk." Gamora stood up taking a walk with Quill as Y/N holding sleeping Groot with Rocket, Drax and Mantis.

Mantis looks at Drax while Y/N sat beside him, watching Mantis smiling or at least her best attempt at grinning. It's kind of creepy and adorable at the same time.
"I am Mantis." "What are you doing?" Both Y/N and Drax ask
"Smiling. I hear it is the thing to do to make people like you." "Not if you do it like that." Mantis blinks at them, then look at Y/N who nod slightly, agreeing with Drax and Mantis nods
"Oh. I was raised alone on Ego's planet. I do not understand the intricacies of social interaction." She looks over and points at Rocket. "Can I pet your puppy? It is adorable."
Drax smiles mischievous, nudging Y/N. Drax nod "Yes..." She goes to pet Rocket, startling him, he swirls around and bites at her.
"AHH!" She pulls back her hand. Drax and Y/N laughs, heartily. "That's called a practical joke!"
Mantis giggles "I liked it very much! The 3 laugh together. Nebula shakes her head with disbelief.

Rocket growls "Y/N we need to talk, now" Y/N look over at Drax who seem worried but she went, walking onto the broken ship. Sitting on a broken piece and Rocket growled "what was all that about?" "I-I...." "Already having that orphan boys 'father' call me a name, you just allow some girl to touch me?"
"He name called me too" she mumble, gently placing Groot in his pot.
"What's your problem Y/N?..." "nothing... I'm sorry" Y/N look down sadly, putting her ears down and Rocket came up, hugging her "I'm sorry..." They nuzzle noses and gently kiss, giggling, Y/N smiles, knowing this side of Rocket is rare.