Romance I

Splinters of dark wood burst from the door's hinges making it fly open and spread a warm glow into the house.

A pair of silver boots stepped through, they belonged to a brown spotted Khajiit with a light purple scarf that dragged barely to the ground.

"Don't worry princess, your saviour has arrived!" He declared triumphantly.

His great sword had a red weave on the hilt where he was currently holding it, ready to strike at the shadows lurking in the darkness where the daylight couldn't reach.

"Crossance this is a stealth mission!" A much taller Khajiit hissed at the other, his one ear almost touching the door frame as he walked inside and lightly smacked Crossance. He had grey fur that was lighter around his muzzle with orange stripes. His most striking features were his missing eye and ear, opposite of one another, leaving him with a single blood red eye and slightly scarred nose.

"Crossance knows." He grumbled stepping away from the taller and into the house more looking for their target.

"And Horus thought you said that you were the brightest out of us all, wait till Kevin hears this one-" Horus did the same but was stopped when he stepped on something that reacted with a hiss of pain.

Crossance turned his attention there and after focusing for a moment he could make out a few figures hiding. One of them wasn't Khajiit, they did have pointed ears though and black eyes that were narrowed at the newcomers. They were an Elf Crossance presumed.

Horus wasted no time reaching out to grab them and capture them. Crossance blocked their exit, the Khajiit and Elf glanced at each other and decided they'd rather run than face their crime.

The Khajiit weaved past Crossance, pushing him to the side knocking him off balance for a second (curse him being short) allowing the Elf to slither past, they ran for the exit, looking back for a moment. Crossance examined both their faces, they were covered in red war paint making it impossible to tell everything about them. All he could point out was that the Khajiit had stripes and they were younger than him and Horus.

They leapt after the criminals but before any of them reached the previously kicked in door the beams above them groaned and dust crowded their senses.

As soon as Crossance could comprehend what was happening again the Khajiit and Elf were shoved to the ground, a dark figure holding them down. As soon as their cloak's hood fell back to their shoulders he recognized Nootmyrrh, the princess they had come looking for. Her golden crown glittered in the light and the purple gem in the centre sparkled. Her black cloak was dusty from hiding in the old house.

The Elf huffed, agitated and scowled at their partner who was face planted into the wooden floor.

Horus sighed and walked over to them, putting bindings on one of the criminals while Crossance did the same to the other.

Nootmyrrh stood back up looking down at the kidnappers with a straight face. "They aren't as keen as they look. Nootmyrrh climbed up to the beams while their backs were turned and they hadn't even noticed." She scolded them as if she was their mentor.

The Elf looked like they wanted to spat an insult at her but held their tongue. Last thing they needed to do was make their prison sentences longer. They stood up as well, not daring to make another run for they didn't want to be on the other end of Horus's axe or Crossance's sword.

"Maybe if you two didn't barge in here they wouldn't have had a chance to run at all." Nootmyrrh shot the Guards an annoyed look.

"Crossance can be blamed for that." Horus said tying extra rope onto the criminals' binds so they wouldn't lose them.

Crossance sputtered trying to think of something to say back but didn't. He left the house following Nootmyrrh with Horus and the captured behind them.

"Are you alright, princess Nootmyrrh?" Crossance asked her, a bit concerned, he quickly looked her over for any wounds but the cloak had only gotten ripped from getting caught when she jumped off the beams.

"Barely." She answered, checking behind them for a moment to make sure that Elf and Khajiit that had somehow managed to catch her were still following them.

Crossance shook himself off and sheathed his sword swiftly, as they made their way back to their village.