Romance IV

Since Horus was the one who proposed the plan in the first place, he was made to go and put it into place.

Horus didn't have to look around the castle for long, he found Burr. Burr had grey blue fur with darker spots, and a blue scarf, he was also as tall as Crossance. Horus practically towered over him, Burr was certainly everyone's last guess at being the head of the guard. But Burr had that spot for a reason and no one would dare challenge him about it.

"Burr, sir?" Horus looked down at the other.

"Oh Horus, what is it?" Burr asked, folding a paper of some sorts and pocketing it before fully giving him his attention.

"Horus and a few of the others have thought that maybe we should put some more guards over to your side of the castle."

Burr listened to him, Horus was relieved that he looked like he was for the idea, or he was just really good at pretending he was.

"Just because the kidnappers came yesterday doesn't mean they won't come again. Horus and Crossance should guard one of the hallways, as they went to search for them that day." Horus finished calmly.

Burr thought for a moment before answering, "Burr thinks you're right, it's good to take some extra precautions. Crossance and you can go and guard near there tomorrow. Burr will have to work out a few things and then give you your instructions."

"Thank you sir." Horus said, dipping his head, soon walking away from the other to let him continue what he was doing before he was interrupted.

It had worked, the first phase was complete. Horus's tail twitched in anticipation. Hopefully when they started their new guarding he would be able to talk to Sink if he saw her in the hall.

He remembered some of the earlier conversation.

"Horus this sounds.. suspicious-"

"No it's completely fine!"

"Someone is going to think it is."

"But it's not, don't worry Crossance, if we see Nootmyrrh in the hall you can talk to her as well."

"Crossance doesn't need to stalk people in a hallway to talk to Nootmyrrh though."

"It's not stalking Crossance this is fine. It's only stalking if you make it that. Are you making it that, Crossance?"

"No but are you?"

"No"

Horus was brought back to his senses when he heard someone hiss in front of him. He saw a black Khajiit with blue stripes on his nose and eyes, most of his chin covered by a dark blue scarf. He had mage robes that looked like they had been sewn over several times with red thread.

"This is the second time today-" Horus could swear he heard the Khajiit hiss to himself.

They stared at each other for a moment. The dark Khajiit looked distressed, and angry.

"Are you ok-" Horus began to ask but he steered clear of him and walked past Horus, he noticed the other's red striped tail was fluffed up and lashing side to side as he left.

Horus blinked, watching the spot where he disappeared before also continuing to walk. He was thinking of that interaction and trying to comprehend what all that was about before he almost ran into someone else.

He backed up and said sorry before they could run away too. He didn't think much of them until he looked down at them and into her mismatched orange and blue eyes.