4

The room was dimmed, and a mechanical beeping replaced the normal sounds of tapping. It was odd. Sam always said Hey. Sam never missed an opportunity to happily call out.
That was until he rolled over and finally opened his eyes.

"Heyo." It was dull and subdued. He rubbed his eyes and turned onto his back his hands rest on his stomach.
"I don't even know how I got here, apparently my landlord found me after he had complaints about some thumps from upstairs. I think I tripped over something and fell. Hit my head really hard. I'm clumsy like that." He didn't open his eyes just groaned and pulled the hospitals thin sheets tighter around him.

"I missed you. It's been a while. I wasn't able to type very fast, they told me blue light doesn't help the headaches so  wasn't allowed to use my phone very often, ya know?"
He sat up slightly and opened his eyes and blinked a few times adjusting to the dim lighting in the room.

" I hope your past days have gone well? Would you tell me about them. I'd like noise to fill the void, I don't feel like talking right now."
He silently laid his head back and closed his eyes, humming in confirmation at just the right times and chiming in when it felt needed.

"You always are so interesting. You could do nothing all day and I'd still love to watch you, you can't possibly be boring. It's just not physically possible for you."
He smiled lightly. Its nice to see Sams normal personality slip back in.

"Do you read? I like reading, even if you don't, I recommend going to a library, I love it there, it always feel so accepting and open. I don't feel like I'm forced to do anything there, I feel like I could check out any book I want and no one would judge me, or I can just walk in and roam the walls of books until theres nothing left of the soles on my shoes."

He gasped as if he had the best idea ever.
"They should make cat libraries, I mean obviously the cats are trained not to claw and nip at people or tear at books or stuff, but the cats wander around and nuzzle up against people when they read, I'd love that. What do you think?"

He nodded along with the answer that seemed to follow.
"Alright, solid response homie." He gave a cheesy smile with an ever worse thumbs up before he broke out into laughter, his laughter turned to coughing and he turned to the side and started coughing into his sleeve until he finished in which he shakily brought in a breath.

He laughed yet again.
"I think I'm done talking." That's all he says before he closes his eyes again.