Jeremiah

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Dear God, I thank you that Your plans for my life are always to prosper me and for the sake of peace. Thank You, Father, for Your endless love that has saved me. Were it not for Your love, Lord, I do not know where I would be. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

God knows everything about us and more. His plans for us are always for peace and out of love – never for our destruction. God has always been concerned about saving His children, and save His children He did. What a loving Father we have found in the Almighty God.

I have been a musician for most of my life, playing the piano and violin and even composing some of my own music. I always enjoyed playing in front of people and sharing what I had learned. Playing with other people can get competitive, and I remember playing for an orchestra in my youth. I was the concertmaster, meaning I was one of if not the best violinist in the orchestra, when a young girl, maybe 11 years old, joined the orchestra. "She can't possibly play with us," I thought, but then I heard her play. She was incredible, probably better than me, and instead of being happy to have such a young and talented musician in the orchestra, I became jealous and insecure. Eventually I grew to really love that young girl, because she was sweet, innocent, and talented, but I vividly remember the embarrassment I felt when I first heard her playing better than me.
Saul and David's story occurs in the reverse order of my orchestra story. Saul's eldest son, Jonathan, becomes close friends with David. Saul initially loves David like a son, and every task that Saul gives to David he achieves with amazing results. He felt like I should have felt when the young girl joined my orchestra: lucky to have such a valuable member on our side.
Things change when Saul hears women singing the praises of David, saying that Saul has killed thousands and David his tens of thousands. This flips Saul's opinion. He thought they were allies, but hearing others compare him with David leads him to make the same comparison. He feels insecure and cautious, wary of every move that David makes thereafter.