Author's Note

Look, I'm going to be upfront about this: I have never written fan fiction before. Heck, I have not written a story since I was doing English Language GCSE about a billion years BC (Before COVID). So this is going to be clunky for at least the first few chapters while I try to find my writing voice. As such, I welcome any critique you guys have!

The Princess Weiyoung is one of my favourite TV shows, but there are only a couple of pieces of fanfiction out there. Reading @charlottemaymay's excellent ongoing story ( /983409348 on Wattpad) this morning inspired me to try to be the change I want to see, and get some more The Princess Weiyoung stories out into the world!

For this story, I wanted to take Episode 30 of the TV show as the starting point. Or more precisely: I wanted to take that heart-pounding scene where Weiyoung and Tuoba Yu are hiding from the Liu Song soldiers in that airless dark room.

Whilst the starting point comes from the TV series, the path this story will take will be very different and will deviate from the original series.

What if the handsome but dastardly Tuoba Yu had tried to become a better man when he truly fell in love with Weiyoung? Would his life have taken the same path? And could Weiyoung ever return his love?

I hope you enjoy reading this!