Chapter 4

Cram school had passed quickly and before she knew it Y/N had to leave. She had bid Hinata farewell with a wave. As she left Y/N grew nervous since she decided to ask her parents if she could start a new sport. Today she had a good day so Y/N hoped it was the same for her mother. Her parents pulled up beside her.

'Well, it's now or never...'

Y/N got inside of her parent's car and her mother was speaking in a low voice to her father. "Well, next time don't embarrass me with useless information unless you have proof." Y/N's mother glared at her father. The silence grew tense as her father chose to stay silent about whatever they were talking about. Y/N also chose to keep quiet.

'How am I supposed to ask her if she's in a bad mood?'

As they drove on and as they got closer to their destination. Y/N's time to ask her parents if she could pick up a new extracurricular dwindled. Y/N's leg shook as her nerves built, her heart thumped. She thought it was getting louder in her ears; that was all she heard. The noise of her heart pounding in her chest. Y/N couldn't even think of a way to ask her parents a simple question.

Till it all spilled out, "Can I start a new sport?!" At that, she flung her hands over her mouth in surprise. Y/N's mother stood still at first then she spoke, "Do you really think you get a choice in that?" She spat annoyed. "Do you really think that you'll get to enroll in another sport after you just started here?"

"But it's not fun anymore, I started Gymnastics with friends but now I don't like-"

Y/N's mother interrupted, "First of all, don't talk back to me in that tone! Secondly, I don't care if you like it, we've already paid for three months ahead. So you're just gonna have to get over it." She spat out.

She crossed her arms and leaned back in her seat, "Plus you're already dull as it is. If you don't commit to at least one sport you'll end up being talentless and worthless." Her tone was mocking.

That was what made Y/N snap her mother's taunting voice so she opened the car door and got out. Her parents paid her no mind knowing they were close enough to Y/N's gym that surely she'd just walk the rest of the way.

But today Y/N wasn't planning on training, she was going to ditch gymnastics today. Y/N walked past her gymnastics studio and kept walking trying to find something to do. While walking down a quiet road she saw a flyer for a dojo nearby.

'The Sano Family Dojo, huh...'

Curious Y/N walked till she found the place of the listed address. And there it was the dojo, she walked in and there she saw two people sparring. A shorter blonde and a taller brunet, the brunet rushed at the blonde, but the blonde dodged and darted past him.

Y/N was so distracted by the fight that she didn't notice the old man walk up to her. "He sure is something else isn't he..." He mumbled to her. Surprised she turned towards the old man, his eyes crinkled implying a smile. Though she probably couldn't tell due to his bushy mustache that covered his mouth.

She turned back to watch the fight as the blonde threw up his knee for a kick. The brunet had held up his arm to try and block but it was a fake. That left his other side open for the blonde to strike with a powerful kick. She felt the power from his kick where she stood.

'Wow, that was so cool!'

Y/N stared in awe, "Whoa." The old man turned to her, giving Y/N an introduction to his martial arts class. She listened closely as he talked and they watched another set of kids fight. Y/N could feel her excitement build and when the old man asked if she wanted to join his class she agreed immediately.

And so for the rest of the class Y/N watched as everyone practiced. The longer she sat on the side the more she wanted to join. The strength and power of a certain someone drew her in with a single kick and set her ambition ablaze. It wasn't like how she started gymnastics, when she decided to start gymnastics it was only because a couple of friends were taking lessons. So she decided to join them, at the time her mother had told her to pick an extracurricular to dedicate herself to.

Though she found gymnastics fun she was never really passionate about it. But now Y/N couldn't even stay still; she was anxiously waiting for a moment. An opportunity to try a kick for herself. Although she hadn't had a single clue about even the basics of martial arts she was determined to recreate that kick herself.

So she stood up and her eyes landed on her target, one of the dojos practice dummies. Closing her eyes as she tried to remember the boy's movements. The way he turned his torso, his arms close to his chest, the raise of his knee, and finally how he propelled his foot. Y/N ran towards the dummy and kicked it, but her movement was off.

She recoiled, and wailed flopping onto the floor, "Ow!" As she grabbed her injured foot someone came up to her.

"You're supposed to point your toes so you don't crush them while kicking." Looking up Y/N saw that it was the boy blonde. His hair slightly fell over his eyes as he gestured to her injured foot.

"Oh yeah, I guess that should have been obvious." Y/N nervously exclaimed.

'I guess I'm really just not all that smart after all..'

"Well don't worry about it, your kick was actually pretty good for a beginner. You just need a little more practice is all." The boy calmly held his hand out to her.

"My name is Mikey by the way." The boy said as he helped Y/N get up.