Chapter 1

I wake up as cold water splashed on my face. I open my eyes and spring up into a sitting position. "What?" I say in confusion, looking around. "Who are you? What is this place? Where am I?" I ask frantically. "Shut up with your nagging, it's giving me a headache", says a a man in a suit "It's your turn to be interviewed." He leads me into a dark room.

"Interviewed? What does he mean by that?" I was still really confused, it was not helping that this man wasn't giving me any answers. "Who is that person?" I wonder as I follow this mysterious man into the new room.

"Sit." I look around this strange room. I decided to sit down on the chair towards the left of the room. It was closer to the place I entered. That's when I noticed there are 2 doors leading into this room. One where I entered and another one located on the other side of the room. While I was wondering about the purpose of the second door a thug-like looking man walks in.

"Hello there," He says as he walks to the other chair and sits down, a subtle grin on his face. ''Just know, you are very lucky. Many people were hurt and we're not given as special treatment as you, so don't lie
", I blink in confusion and ask why. "It's simple, because you were thought to have seen the rhino". "Who?" He stares at me for a second. "What's your name?" I open my mouth, expecting something to come out but nothing does. What is my name? Who am I? He waits for me to answer and finally asks "You don't know do you?" I shake my head. I was truly confused.

He sighs and mutters under his breath, "another one..." He looks at another man in a suit "She's not lying sir.", He clears his throat. "Okay then, that's all."

He waves his hand to the man that has brought me in. The man just nods his head and grabs me by my arm, dragging me out of the chair I was once seated in and out through the second door.

When we reach outside the guard leaves me. I look around and see a long line of people, all different ages, going through and from big stainless steel doors. They had guards surrounding them like a pack of lions guarding their freshly killed prey.

I wander away from the crowd of confused people and strict guards. I walk through the door, wondering to myself, "where am I supposed to go if I have no idea where I am?"

An old couple sees me wandering and they call out to me. "Dearest," I turn my head to see if she was talking to me. "Are you lost, by any chance?" she asks with the warmest smile spread across her face.

"Yes, I am perhaps," Sighing as I look back into her green eyes. After a few moments of silence, the man cuts in and asks if I have also lost my memory.

At that moment I realized that I've been strangely calm. Weird.. I push the thought out of my head. 'Who cares? Right now I should just survive.' I look at the old lady and nod my head. "Oh my! Do you want to stay with us until you have learned more about this place?" asks the woman in a polite yet slightly shocked tone.

"Yes, thank you. That would truly mean a lot, honestly." It took me a few seconds to realize I barely knew these people and I was going to be living with them for a while. Oh well, what choice did I really have? I didn't want to be left alone on the streets with no food and no home. They smile and start walking, I assume I should also walk with them. While we walked back to their house I finally notice the old man. He sees me staring at me and introduces himself. "Hello there!" he clears his throat, "my name is Rodrigo Bond if you were wondering," he says with a smile

"Ah yes! How rude of us to not introduce ourselves-. Mine is Camilla Bond" the lady chirps in. "But you, dear, can call us Mr. & Mrs. Bond." she says with a smile.

We finally reached their house. They let me crash on their couch. I've had a damn headache since I woke up. My mind was racing, but at that moment the big question hit me. Who am I?

I'm sure I should have remembered something but everything was all blank. Maybe if I rest I'll finally figure it out. Ouch. I reach for my now throbbing head and wince as my headache turns into migraine I guess before I lost my memories I must've hurt my head. But how?

The old lady comes in holding a platter with tea and some sugar cookies, biscuits, and wafers. The old man was right by her side. They start telling me where I am and what's going on while I stuff myself with the sweets.

An isolated town named Westbrook. Apparently, people with no memories keep on popping up here. It was a not-so-lonely town, more of the quiet places actually. The sun almost always shines and people really like it here. That is they did. Apparently 2 weeks ago those people came and started the questioning. I wanted to know more but they quickly move off the topic.

After chatting a bit more they told me that on the other side of town were where the rich people lived.

For the next week, I lived with them in their apartment. I helped them make food, shop, do all my chores, and anything else that I could do to help them. They even bought me clothes. New shoes, and gave me my own room. They even decided to name me Ray since I didn't know my real name.

But I had this feeling that something bad was going to happen... "Eh, probably nothing," I said as I brushed the thought away.

The next day as I was walking I saw Mr. & Mrs. Bond shivering. Mr. Bond was near the window as if to look at something, and Mrs. Bond was just sitting on the couch, dazed. What were they so scared of? As I was walking up to Mrs. Bond to ask her what was going on, I hear a knock coming from the front door. Curiously, I decided to go open it.

Outside there were 3 men, all of them wearing suits. I stared at them. Why the hell are they here? They pushed past me to enter the home.

I watch as they grab first Mr. Bond and then Mrs. Bond and dragging them out the door one by one. "Hey! What are you doing to them?" I yelled.

They just stared at me for a few seconds and finally decided to say "Don't interfere. They have been suspected." Then they just walked out. I could hear them screaming for help but I knew I couldn't do anything.

I stood there in shock, not knowing what to do. I was living with them. Where am I going to go now?

I waited to he rest of the day for them to return but they never did. Soon enough the landlord came by asking for the rent, and since nobody else but me was there, she decided to kick me out.

'What am I supposed to do now? I thought they would have returned by now..' I think.

'There were no people kind enough to take me in though,' I thought.

After days of being out I was starving, I didn't have money and nobody would hire me. I fainted and felt a kick in my ribs. Some guys had kicked me onto the road. It's the middle of the night do they have nothing else to do?

I tried to get up but before I could I saw 2 lights 'What is that?' I thought as it came closer and closer as every second came by. A car..? Dammit! I won't be able to get off the road in time! I look around for help. They guys who had kicked me had run off. I was all alone.