Chapter 3

"We're here" said the driver. It had been a 20 minute long drive. I looked around slightly confused since all I saw was a big gate. It took me a second but after I realized I was surprised. He wasn't just rich, he was RICH rich.

The driver stopped just before the gate, got out, and went into a room. A minute later the gates opened and the driver rushed out of the room and back into the car to drive us inside.

Once we get to the entrance we get off and the driver zooms away. A huge mansion. Damn. It's actually pretty beautiful. We enter inside and I look around. Suddenly I feel a gaze upon my back. I turn around and glare at the "non-weirdo". He quickly diverts his gaze onto his phone.

I turn back around satisfied when he peeps up "Hey, do you have a phone? Or a laptop?" I shake my head. He gasps in comical horror. "Will" he says and a butler comes up to him, "get this girl a laptop and a phone.", "Right away sir." He replies.

Wait so he has spare phones and laptops lying around? Rich rich rich boy for sure. I know I should deny it as so called "politeness" but what manic declines a free phone & laptop?

After the butler handed me the phone and laptop. He leads me up to the 2nd floor and send me into a guest room. 

I set up my phone and laptop. After doing that I sit down on the queen size bed and think to myself.

'Ok, so I've secured a place where I can live. Survival was my main goal and now that I know for sure that I will survive I can start thinking about my memories.'

'I know for sure that had hurt my head before losing my memories, and I also know my age and birthday. Hm, I always feel the need to need to survive so maybe I have a strong survival instinct.'

I didn't have any other clues so I went to the new laptop to search by it up.

When the screen flashes on I suddenly see a flash of a laptop screen. Was that a memory? It's great that I got one but it's no hell. I take a deep breath and let out a big sigh. I convert my attention back onto the laptop screen.

I look at the date. March 29th.

I was at the Bonds house for at least 2 weeks so... I met them on the the 15th of March?

I puzzle over it and then search up my birthday to see if anything strange comes up. Nothing did. I take a break and look at the smaller details of the room. I looked out the window and it was a forest. How remote is this place? I look around suspiciously

No. I shake my head. What would they do? The guy had offered me to live here and was desperate.

I looked at the time. 1:24 AM. I should go to sleep now. I lock the door and the windows just in case and jump into the bed. I have no pajamas anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sunlight shines on my face and I bolt upwards. What? Why did I jump up like that? I look at my opened laptop. 5 AM? I only got around 4 hours of sleep. I want to go back to bed and try to sleep but I know I won't be able to sleep, so I go down the steps. It's very quiet.

I look around again. It's like a very wide and tall hall. The lights were all off and only sunlight was lighting the place. That's very weird. Wouldn't a place like this be bustling by now? I need to know where I am so I go to explore around

I go into the closest doorway on the left. It leads to a huge kitchen. 'There must be a chef or 5 for this huge kitchen.' I thought. I cross the hall and end up finding the pantry. In another room, a living room, another doorway leads to the staff quarters and another leads to a bathroom, with a bathtub at that! Another is a locked room that says security. I guess that's where all the security camera stuff is. The last one is a storage which is behind the staircase. 

After walking out of the storage I start to feel hungry. I quickly run to the pantry and see if there are any snacks there. Thankfully there are many snacks there. I grab an apple from the fruits basket and start eating it. I sit in a corner and ponder why the house is so empty right now.

While I'm eating my apple I suddenly see Drake sneaking into the pantry. Why is he sneaking in here? Isn't he the owner of this place? He quickly grabs an orange and after grabbing one he starts to turn around. 

While turning around he spots me and jumps. I could see him slightly breath in relief after seeing me.

"When did you get here?" He whispers
"Why are you whispering?" I whisper back. He quickly answers "Because the pantry opens at 8AM! Nobody is supposed to be eating yet. Besides, how did you even know that this was the pantry? Why are you up at 6 AM?"

I stare at him for a moment trying to answer his questions and mine. "I was looking around the rooms and found this place. Also, I woke up at 5 AM."

He sighs and sits down next to me. "Why would you get an apple instead of an orange," he asks while peeling the orange. I quickly look at him suspiciously. He's definitely planning something. What can I do other then play along in this situation.

I look at him slightly annoyed "Because it's the better morning fruit to eat." 
"No it's not." he argues back. "Look here Drake, apples can be easily thrown away", "You still have the apple core.", "And you still have the orange peels". 

We argue for a bit until I manage to find a trashcan to throw away the apple core. 

I'm about to go upstairs with Drake behind me until I hear some footsteps. I look around the corner and see the butler. I look behind me and I see drake panic a bit. Is he faking it? Whatever, I'll help him. I push him back around the corner and hold his mouth shut. I can see his cheeks turn a bit reddish. Probably from embarrassment.

Once the footsteps pass we each dash into our respective rooms.