Chapter 2

The car screeched to a sudden stop. I stared at the car which was about to hit me as I gasped in relief. I wasn't going to die today.

'Thank god' I thought. Just as I was thinking that, a young man, the same age as me, around 22, came out.

For a few seconds I could see a strange expression fall across his face as he looked me up and down. After that moment, a look of worry immediately spread across his face. Was it only because he almost hit me? Was it because of how I looked? What could make him stare at me like that?

 I stared back defiantly.

Then it hit. The exhaustion from the past few days

The world started to go dark.

The young man's POV:

Dammit! I'm going to be late for my family dinner! I can't give the old geezer another reason to hate me. "Faster!" I told the driver. He nodded and started to speed up. I leaned back in my chair, taking a big sigh.

 I opened the window and looked outside. Yet another boring day.

I felt a sudden stop. I glared at my driver and got ready to fire him, but before I could he cut me off. "Sir.. Look outside" I looked outside and saw a dirty girl standing in front of our car.

I got out, finally excited for something unpredictable to happen. Hm. She seems like a normal girl.  Might as well take her to the hospital and hope something interesting happens. Time to put on my worried face. That's the only way I can gain her trust.

 I could see some confusion in her face before she glared at me defiantly

I looked into her eyes. What was she thinking right now? She looked like she could beat me up if she wanted to. Then I could see her eyes fluttering. What? Her eyes closed and her body began to fall. I ran over to catch her before her head hit the road. Hm, she must not be as strong as I thought.

I picked her up and gently placed her in the car. "Sir what are you planning to do with her?" My driver asked. I glared at the him. "What kind of a person do you think I am? Are you begging to be fired or what?" I could see him figeting around. I sighed. "Take us to the nearest hospital. Now." He nodded nervously and started the car as fast as he could.

 Rina's POV:

As I opened my eyes I jumped up. A... Hospital?

I looked around the room trying to figure out how I got here. In one of the seats I see the man calmly reading a book. Had he taken me here?

"Who are you?" I yell. He jumps slightly. "Give me a warning before you yell like that." I glare at him.

" The name's Drake. Drake Livington"

I nod. "So am I going to pay the bill or-", He smiles a bit and cuts me off. "I already did." He's definitely rich.

 At that moment a nurse walked in. She said I was all set to be discharged.

She helped me get up from the bed and then took the pair of clothes I had been wearing before I fainted, and handed them to me, "All washed!" I thanked her and went to the bathroom to change.

After changing and getting out of the hospital I quickly walked away only to see the man following me with curiousness sparking in his eyes as if he were wondering what I was going to do.

I walked even faster hoping to get away from him. A walk turned into quick walk as he started walking faster to catch up with me "What's with this guy?" I thought as I sped up.

He stopped and yelled "Hey you wanna live with me?" I stopped and looked at him weirdly. "No not in a weird way but I noticed that you don't have a home.", "If you want to survive you gotta have shelter at least."

He's right. I need to survive and to do that I need shelter, and if he's offering me shelter he's probably going to give me food and water as well.

"I promise I'm not a creep" he said.  Add that to my observations of him. Possibly a creep, rich, and is very curious about me.

 I cautiously walked toward him. He led me towards his car and showed me the destination. He said that he would leave the doors unlocked Incase I ever wanted to jump out too.

Huh. Seems like he's desperate. If he's this desperate he wouldn't do anything to me, and even if he tries he's going to leave the doors unlocked, and I'll make sure to keep the windows open just in case.