Mine-Steve

1943

"Promise me you'll come home to me." I said cuddling closer to Steve's chest. "I promise, Darling." He kissed the top of my head. 

"Why?" I asked and looked up to him. "Why what?" Steve questioned. "Why do you have to be apart of this serum trial?" I asked him and he set his hand on my face. 

"Because i want to do something to help. Growing up I've never been able to do sports or run around with the other kids because Mother wouldn't want me coughing a bunch. I never really got the whole childhood experience. And now it's getting in the way of me helping my country win a huge war. This serum could change my life. I just want to feel like i can do something." He rubbed my cheek with the side of his thumb while he talked. 

"But you are something. Your my Stevie. I don't know what i would do if i lost you. I need my husband in my life." I told him while tears were forming in my eyes. "I don't want to lose you either." He said and i moved up to press a kiss to his lips. 

"I love you, Y/n. You'll always be my girl." He told me while we pulled away. "Promise?" I wondered. "With everything i am." I nodded and he kissed my forehead before i rested my head on his shoulder. For the rest of the night we just laid in bed together and i never let my arms leave his waist. 

A few days ago Steve met this man, Dr. Erskine. He approved Steve into the Army and told him about this serum he was working on. Erskine promised Steve he'd be in the Army, fighting for his country. 

I don't want him to leave. I'm scared as hell that this serum won't work and end up killing the only man I've ever loved. And even if it doesn't work i'm still scared. Don't get me wrong i believe in Steve a lot, but he's not the healthiest person alive. 

Steve has many health issues and not really built for war, and I've never judged or seen him differently because he's smaller then other guys. I just want him to be safe. I want him home at the end of the war.

"I'm gonna come back to you. And we're gonna start our family together. You hear me?" Steve asked. It's the next day and we're standing in the train station. Today's the last day i'm gonna see Steve for a while. "Okay. I love you." I said. "I love you too. Turn around for me, Honey." He said and i did as he asked. 

Steve moved the hair from my shoulder and i felt a necklace being placed on me. Once i felt it drop i knew he had clipped it. Looking down i saw Steve's wedding band on the necklace. Turning around to face him i gave him a confused look. Wondering why he wasn't going to wear the ring.

"This is also part of my promise. I promise i will come home and take my ring back. I promise that ring will be back on my finger." He took my hands in his. "You better keep your promises." I warned and he chuckled. 

"I love you, Y/n Y/m/n Rogers." He held my face in his hands. "I love you too, Steven Grant Rogers." I gave him a small smile. Leaning forward he connected our lips. Making sure i pour all my love and passion for Steve into the kiss, showing him how much i love him. Making sure if this is my last time my lips will be on his. I want not a ounce of love to left behind.

ONE YEAR LATER

Someone from this group, HYDRA, shot and killed Dr. Erskine. But apparently everything with the serum went well. Steve is still alive and looks really different just from the newspaper i saw I saw a few months ago. 

And by really different i mean, something i never expected my 5'4 98 pound husband to ever look like different.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"What the hell?" I asked myself hearing a few knocks at the door. Looking over to the bedside table i saw the clock reading 12:09. Getting out of bed i fixed my my nightgown and slipped on my robe before heading to the door.