One hell of a night

"Hey, babe, did I do this right?" I look up from my laptop screen to see Luke come in. His hands were fumbling with his tie. I sigh and stand up and walk towards him.

"Well first of all, you started wrong." I point out. I undo the tie. "The wide end is at the bottom, it's supposed to be the other way around." I say as I fix it and pass the wide end through the hoop and pull to adjust to his neck.

I'm about to pull away when his hands snake around my waist and trail down to give my ass a squeeze. "You are a life saver," he says and places a quick kiss to my lips. We seem to linger, his minty breath fills my senses and I almost melt as I deepen our kiss. He chuckles but stops and pulls away.

"Do you have a minute?" I suggest. "I can tie your tie as many times as you'd like me to." I look up at him, suggesting what we should do.

He groans. "Don't give me those eyes, you know I can't resist them." He leans down and kisses me once again. "Trust me, I would give nothing more than to rip that shirt off of you. But these people only found a dent in the schedule for my interview and if I'm not there, I might not get this job."

I sigh and pout. "Yeah, I understand." I say as I walk back to my kitchen table where my laptop was. "Will you come over tonight? We can cook dinner together."

"But we both suck at cooking," Luke laughs as he fixes his suit.

"Yeah, I know. But it doesn't hurt to try though? I found a cookbook online and I was thinking that maybe we can find some easy recipes." I smile at him and he does the same, walking over to me in the chair and plants a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Fine, but I'm going to my apartment first to get new clothes. I think the frequent washing and drying of the same clothes is making them shrink." He winks at me as he makes his way to the front door. "I'll see you later, alright?" And with that, he was gone.

I was working from home today due to the office being so over crammed with people. It was Met Gala season, so you can imagine how chaotic work was. Seeming as I'm only a journalist, it wasn't crucial for me to be in the building. But I mean, I can't really complain. That's not entirely true, I love my job.

A big part of that is getting to leave my home. Now I'm just...here all the time. I turn in my chair, getting distracted by the view. I was finally able to afford something with a view. I opted for a simple apartment but of course Darien said she wanted the best for me. So her family's realtor found me this apartment.

Close to work and close to anything I might need. Right across from my building was Fox Enterprises, and every time I looked out this big window I just got reminded by everything Harry. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him, because I do.

I miss him terribly.

It has been a year and a half since that night and I haven't heard from him since. Of course he was in rehab and I doubt they allow him to keep his phone on him. You could however send letters. I can't even begin to tell you the amount of ripped up letters I've written but never actually sent out. I got his information from his parents.

I had stopped by when they were cleaning out his apartment, they had found a few of my things and wanted to give them back.

I guess the reason why I'm really not reaching out to him is because...I'm just scared of how much I loved him. It truly terrified me, and I don't know why. I look away from the building and give my attention to my ringing phone.

It was Darien. "Hi, Beau." She chirps, it sounded like wherever she was calling me from was busy.

"Hey," I smile into the phone.