My personal hell

We arrived at a dainty café, most of the tables were overtaken by people. Some were college students with their laptops probably working on some school work and others looked like they were on dates and friend outings.

We reach a table near the window with two people already seated, a man and a woman. "Guys, look who I ran into." Georgia says as soon as we approach them. They both turn noticing Harry and immediately stand up with obvious excitement in their faces. The woman, who I assumed was Liv goes to Harry and wraps her arms around him in an embrace. I can tell Harry was caught off guard by this action but he still manages to hug her back. The guy, assuming his name was Corey grins and also goes for a half hug. "And this is Beau."

They both turn to me and I smile. Liv comes up to me and kisses my cheek. "Lovely to meet you, Beau. I am Liv and this is my fiancé, Corey." Corey smiles at me and we shake hands.

Harry let's me get the window seat first takes the one next to me, Georgia sits in the corner so that she is facing all of us. "What are you doing here? It's been so long since we last saw each other, how have you been?" Liv asks, her smile never once leaving her lips.

"I've been busy every single day of my life since my move to America." Harry begins, answering the second half of her question.

"Busy businessman with the big company." Corey mocks. "We heard when the biggest entrepreneur in New York backed down so that he can continue the company through someone else. Never thought it'd be you considering we never heard from you again."

"I don't know what I had planned for my future but I can assure you, taking over an enterprise was no dream of mine." Harry explains, his hands on top of the table and he plays with his rings, a nervous tic of his. "I guess I just wanted to start over."

"It's understandable," Georgia says with kind eyes and a smile. "We all missed you and we're glad to have you back." Their conversation goes on for a while until Harry's phone rings and he's forced to answer. "So tell us," Georgia looks at me. "How did you guys meet?" I notice Liv sneak a glance at Georgia that she ignores.

Now, all eyes seemed to be on me and I felt a sudden weight on my shoulders. I set my coffee down. "He was always coming around my building. We share mutuals so we met that way." I recall, remembering the first time I met him on the elevator.

"I have to say, it's a good thing Harry left when he did. Otherwise I wouldn't be marrying Corey." Liv snickers. Corey, Georgia and I look at her.

"Well aren't I the luckiest?" Corey lifts his eyebrows in a quick motion, bringing the cup of coffee to his lips and takes a drink.

"You and Harry dated?" I ask, slightly turning my head to hear more about this.

"Oh, no." She waves me off. "I mean, I wanted to but he only saw me as his 'little sister' and all that crap."

"That's right, I remember you were so in love with him at one point." Georgia recalls a memory and all three of them laugh. I shuffle in my seat awkwardly. "One time in science class she mixed chemicals to make red smoke, Harry was her lab partner."

"What we're you trying to achieve?" Corey crosses his arms. "And weren't we dating?"

"No, that was when you and I had broken up for winter break. And I don't know, I guess I thought if I made this red smoke I could somehow make a heart. All it did was dye the roof red and I got in trouble for it. I was a big science bitch." She waves us off and drinks from her cup.

"What was he like back then? I gather he wasn't moody all the time?"

"Oh he was, but definitely not more than he is now. He was kind despite what was going on back home," Georgia says. "You do know about what happened...right? I don't want to speak out of term."