Chapter 2-First night

His kaka had removed the spare bed!!
He didn't know if he wanted to laugh or cry about it. It was amusing that his kaka thought he would simply sleep with Bondita if he shared a bed with her.

Bondita stepped out of the bathroom wearing a light pink kurti. This was the first time Anirudh had seen her in anything except a saree and her school dress. He fumbled at the sight of her and couldn't stop himself from looking at her minutely trying to capture every detail of her outfit. Her voice broke his trance

"Kya hua pati babu? "
"Suit pehnke ho? " he was trying to not let her clothes affect him
"Woh raat ko neend nh ati na saree mein islye"
"Acha roz raat ko tm suit pehenke soti ho?? "
"Ji haan bohot saalon se, apko nh pta tha? "
The initial enchantment of seeing her was turning into anger for him. Didn't he pride in the fact that he knew everything about Bondita? Today he was learning that there was a part of her that he didn't really know . He didn't know what her night routine looked like. He didn't know how she slept -whether she was a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper. And until now he didn't know that she did not wear a saree to sleep. He clutched the edge of the study table in anger.There was a part of her life that was guarded. He was not a part of it. He wondered how many more things he would find out. His thoughts were broken by her warm hands on his palms.
"Pati babu app thik toh hai?? "
"Haan q kuch puch rhi thi?? "
"Haan mein keh rhi thi ki yaha sirf 2 pillow hai, aur apko toh side pillow lene ki adat hai toh ap apne purane bedroom se le ayenge? "
Damn, this girl knew everything about him!
"Haan mein leke ata hu "
Anirudh took his sweet time in coming back. He sat down to read a book, went to the bathroom and then got his pillow to return to their room.
She had already fallen asleep on one side of the bed. He stifled disappointedly . He was looking forward to an engaging discussion about where he would lie down. Now he simply didn't know. If he slept on the floor it would seem like he wasn't comfortable around her. If he slept on the bed with her it would seem intimate . He didn't really know what to do. With Bondita awake the situation could have been different but with her sleeping it felt like the weight of the decision had grown manifold. He ended up settling for the bed. Sleeping on the floor was simply not a viable solution if he was going to live here for a long time. Plus making the switch later would be even awkward. He layed on the bed facing against her making sure he did not touch her in the least bit. There was numerous thoughts that came to him as soon as his head hit the pillow. Is Bondita really sleeping? What will she say when she finds out I slept in the bed beside her? Will she be comfortable with me?

There was no sign of sleep in his eyes for the next 15 minutes. The air around him felt stifling. He was having a difficult time to breathe. The sudden changes in his life were giving him a panic attack. He knew what Bondita would have done when he was anxious. She would have hugged him to calm him down and it would have worked. He turned around and saw her sleeping facing her back to him. He didn't know why he did what he did next. He went closer to her and wrapped his hands around her. Sniffing her hair which smelt of lavender, probably because of her shampoo he went to sleep. His lips touched her shoulders. If she was awake she did not let him know.

Hey guys so most of want longer chapters, but I personally feel like this story would be better with smaller chapters so I have decided to write mid-length chapters around 500-600 words. Hope you guys love it.
Also if u see this story as my first story I also have another story called forbidden. Please check it out ❤