Meeting a Mikaelson • Kol Mikaelson

I am without reason.
The wrath of desire haunts me for my lost wonderings inside his torment-ridden eyes. The edge nears and my conscience is cursing me for my inability to stay away.
To not fall over.
For a fall is only good, so long one does not land.

"For a fall is only good, so long one does not land," I hear a voice from behind me read out what I just wrote down. I quickly close my journal and turn around to be faced with two beautiful brown eyes.

"Quite the poet," he smirks and I puff out an annoyed breath, roll my eyes and turn back to my writing. "Let me guess, another Mikaelson," I say wanting to get out of this situation as soon as possible. "What is it with you people reading stuff out to me," I whisper to myself and doodle on the bottom of the open page.

"Another?" I see him sit down opposite me in the booth. "How many of us do you know, love?" Oh god, his accent. I love me a good accent. He looks at me suspicious but still keeps a smirk on his face. "I've met two of your brothers already. Klaus and Elijah. And, of course, Rebekah." I close my notebook and accept the fact that he probably won't be leaving anytime soon.

"Elijah did the same thing yesterday when I was sitting here reading one of my favorite books," I tell him and he looks at me intrigued. "What were you reading?" He asks and I simply answer with one word. "Shakespeare" "ah, yes, he always did have a soft spot for the bloke," the man in front of me comments, "I did quite enjoy Hamlet for a moment. Though the actors I got never seemed to get it right." Another smirk brightens up his features as it looks like he is remembering something.

"So, which sibling are you?" I ask him after a pause of silence, which he used to scan me up and down. "You don't know? Shame, love. You're missing out." "Well, if I knew I wouldn't have asked," I snark back.

He smirks again, "My name is Kol."

Published: October 19th, 2021