"You gave me your word" • Elijah Mikaelson

*trigger warning*
Abuse
Torture
Cutting
*trigger warning*

"I DONT KNOW! I DONT KNOW! PLEASE-" another scream was heard as the same blade as before sliced open her left arm. Silent tears run down her face as she weeps but her captor just laughs. "Come on, little girl, I know you know. Just tell me and this will all be over," the man says, a gruesome smirk on his face.

This torture and questions game went on for another hour or so until the man finally gave up. "Fine," he said to her almost limp form, "if you won't tell me then you're of no use to me." He turned his back on the girl to look at his table of instruments. "Any last words," he says as he turns back around with a silver blade in his hand.

But before she can answer, the link is broken and he sees the girl in question turn away from him. "There," she says, standing up, "you wanted to know what happened. Now you know," she takes her jacket from the couch, where she had thrown it earlier, and starts walking away.

"Y/N! Wait," Elijah calls after her making her stop. She turns around, now furious. "For what?! Huh, wait for what? I waited for you! I waited for any of you to come and save me!" "Y/N-"

"No!" She interrupts him, not letting him talk. "I did everything for you. Everything! Whatever you could think of to tame your brother, to make him happy, I did! Every protective enchantment, every cursed locator spell that wouldn't work anyway. But I did it. I did it all. For you." Her voice was now only a low whisper, a krass contrast to the agitated yelling from before.

"You gave me you're word, Elijah." He felt like she had just stabbed him in the heart. Although he had lost her so many decades ago he still thought of her every day, missed her every day since. He never knew what had happened to her, which only made his despair worse when he found out she had been killed for information on his family.

"I did," he finally confirms in a small voice. "And you broke it. But that is not the only thing you did. You broke me," she says, pain now obvious in her tone.

"When I woke up no one was there," she suddenly continues her story, "I was alone. He had just left me there. I wasn't bound to the chair anymore, I guess he needed the ropes, I don't know." Her voice sounds like she has given up. She can't keep this from him.

Y/N couldn't look at Elijah. Although his face was the only thing she wanted to see at least once more over the last decades, she couldn't bring herself to do it now.
Now that she could, she wouldn't.
Every memory, every moment they shared, came rushing back to her. But she just couldn't right now. Not like this. Not yet.

"My wounds were healed but my appearance hadn't changed much. My clothes were still ripped, my hair was tousled, and the blood I had shed was still on me." Y/N stole a glance at Elijah and although the expression on his face hadn't changed much she could see the hurt and pain in his eyes.

"The only thing I felt was hunger. This great hunger I never thought I'd have." But the next thing she said was something Elijah never expected.

"So, I turned," she paused. "I turned by licking the blood off my arm where he had cut me multiple times." A sigh left her and both of them stayed silent, Elijah looking at her and Y/N avoiding any possible eye contact.

"I think I'd better go." Y/N gets out of her stupor and her fingers nibble on the seam of her jacket. "You have yourself a deal to make after all," she says and Elijah nods as she turns to the door. Gripping the nob of the door she turns one last time.

"Greet Kol from me, will you? If you get him back?" Her question coming out with a slight wobble in her voice. "It's been a century, and I miss my friend." Elijah nods at her request and with one last glance she opens and then closes the door behind her.

And just like that, she is gone once more.

Published: November 13th, 2021