Meeting a Mikaelson • Elijah Mikaelson

My head was pounding.

That was the first thing I felt as I came back to. My mind still filled with fog, not remembering where I was or how I got here.
I start looking around me as my mind clears a little, the pain turning dull but not completely leaving me. I groan lowly as I push myself up.
I am on a couch, a very old looking, raggedy couch.

"Y/N?" I look over at the voice to see Elena Gilbert stood at the entrance to the room I am in.

"You're awake," another voice is heard from a different direction. Turning, I can see a table with lots of books on them. Stood beside the table is a woman with short brown hair and a unfazed expression on her features. "I was starting to think Trevor hit you too hard." She puts down the book she was holding and starts walking towards the two teens. In a flash, the woman is in front of me, making me flinch back. "At least the bleeding has stopped," she goes to touch my forehead, but I flinch away again.

At that moment my brain floods with questions:
Was I kidnapped?
How did she get to the other side of the room so fast?
What is happening?

I glance over to Elena and see how calm and compose she is, then look back at the woman right in front of me. "She doesn't know, does she?" The woman asks, finally taking a step back from me. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding.
"No," Elena answers, "she doesn't know anything. I don't even really know her. I just offered her a ride home, we share some subjects in school."

Although the way she says it comes off as rude it is true, Elena Gilbert and I barely know each other. I have seen the girl in the hallways in school or at the Grill with her friends on a couple of occasions, but we never really talked besides polite greetings.

"Well," the woman speaks again, "you're in for quite a surprise then, aren't you?" She turns and walks back over to the table staked with books, opening a different one than before.

"Why am I here?" Elena asks.

"You keep asking me these questions like I'm going to answer them." The woman's answer throws me off, and I decide to just listen.

"Why won't you?"

"That's another one," the woman counters while placing a painting on one of the window seals, covering the window.

"You got me, okay?" Elena now walks into the room, "it's not like I can go anywhere. The least you can do is tell me what you want with me."

"I personally want nothing. I'm just a delivery service." She walks back over to the table.

"Delivery to who? Elijah?"

She chuckles, "two points to the eavesdropper."

"Who is he?" Elena makes her way further into the room. "Is he a vampire?"

An unbecoming snort leaves me at that statement. A vampire? Are you for real? Yeah, right.

"He's one of the vampires. The Originals." The woman answers seriously, and I frown. Wait, they're not joking?

"What do you mean The Originals?"

"Again with the questions. Haven't the Salvatores been teaching you vampire history?"