VIII. Running away

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

She has never felt so free in her entire life.

The wind through her hair, riding to the unknown, running away from Robert. She felt like she could do anything and nobody would judge her.

She was riding a beautiful white horse whose name she didn't know. She had her eyes closed letting the others have the command, but she didn't feel like she depended from them, if she wanted she could walk away from all of this, at least that's what Rhaegar told her.

She didn't know where she was doing - and she was sure neither the others - or if she was doing the right thing, but it felt like it.

She sat behind Rhaegar with her arms tight around his waist, she didn't want to fell off the horse and die, that would be convenient for everybody, especially her. Where would they bury her, would they even do that? I am sure they would.

"Would you bury me if I fell off the horse and die?" she was sure he would but she had to be sure, she didn't want a kid find her lifeless body in the middle of the forest.

Hearing that sentence coming out of Elizabeth's mouth was shocking, why was she thinking of death? Does she think she will die with me?

"Do you think you will die with me?"

"No of course not, I was just wondering, I have nothing to do right apart from thinking. So will you bury me?" Elizabeth was feeling like a child with this amount of thinking about life.

"Yes I would bury. But where would you like me to bury you?" just to keep the conversation, they hadn't spoke much since the start of the journey and this showed him another part of the woman he . . . cared about. 

"I think in the north. But I don't want to be where my ancestors are. I want to be buried in the forest, that would make me feel . . . free."

The thought made them both smile, not the part of her death but of freedom, something they both wanted.

Night came and everybody started to feel tired.

They found a huge tree where they would camp next to. It protected from the cold air from The vale of Arryn. They didn't know where they were going or where they were, so they didn't know that they were an easy target.

The first thing they did was to start a fire, they needed something warm for the night. 

"So anyone got a story to tell?" Elizabeth said, saying she was bored was an underestimate.

Rhaegar was about to respond when they heard something. He couldn't understand what it was but he was smart to know that it could be a danger. It could be an animal or worse a knight, a person.

The three men stood up quickly putting their hands on their swords ready to fight if needed. They didn't know where they were apart from the fact that they were riding north.