Alarmed

I woke up the next morning extremely exhausted. Who wouldn't be after discovering one's soulmate, losing consciousness, skipping the rest of school, having a weird moment with a best friend on a train, and being grilled by an over-concerned uncle.

After I let Uncle Mata know that I found out who my soulmate was, he demanded that I tell him everything there was to know about Bakugo. Unfortunately for him that wasn't a heck of a lot considering I really didn't know anything about Bakugo besides what he looks like and his quirk. I left out his mannerisms from my description because I know that Uncle Mata might do something weird if he thought that Bakugo was in any way a threat to me. Haha.

I was just really happy to get that off my chest. I feel loads better at least knowing who my soulmate is. What Jiro had said was right, there is no rush to this. I can just let Bakugo and I figure this out together and let the chips fall where they may.

I do my regular morning routine of getting dressed, brushing my teeth, and grabbing a piece of toast before heading out. Uncle Mata had decided to sleep in this morning so he wasn't able to see me off. I turn and lock the front door behind me as I leave. I walk out past the gate and look down the road in both directions.

Huh. No Todoroki. Odd. He usually doesn't break promises, especially not when Uncle Mata specifically asked him to walk with me.

Shrugging it off, I begin the trek to school, listening to music as I go.

Not long after I disembark from the train I am met with the same eerie feeling I had that one day in the alleyway.

Someone is watching me. I am sure of it.

Once again I turn down my music and become hyper aware of my surroundings. I take care to walk only in areas where there is high pedestrian traffic. That way I could have multiple witnesses to any adverse event if it were to happen. I continue on my way towards UA feeling rather uncomfortable.

I reach the last corner before arriving at the school and let out a sigh of relief knowing that I made it without anything bad happening. However as I turn the corner I am alerted to a mass of people waiting around the entrance.

Television broadcasting vans are parked all over the road. Multiple reporters and cameras are all trained on any students who had the misfortune of straying to close. I pause and watch as Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida are cornered.

It's too late for them.

I really don't want to deal with all that nonsense, but I don't think my ID badge will work if I fly over the gate. Not wanting to get in trouble I take a deep breath and stride forward. I have no intentions of letting the reporters take advantage of me to gather information. I hold my head up high and purposefully push my way through towards Midoriya.

"Outta my way! Thank you! Move!" I repeat as I gently shove people aside. I reach Midoriya and see him curling his hands over his face unsure how to escape the throngs of reporters surrounding him.

"Izuku!"

"Y/N!" Midoriya jumps when he sees me, a look of relief washing over his features. "Help!" He squeaks at me. I grab his hand and make excuses for us without stopping. The reporters have no choice but to let us pass once they realize that we are a lost cause.

Midoriya's hand is hot and sweaty in mine and I can just imagine what his poor soft boy face looks like. Not stopping to see if he is having a stroke, I pull him along behind me. As we walk I can spy a familiar sloughed figure making its way to the school.

Bakugo strides forward, ignoring the reporter's questions and growling at them to get out of his way. Something one of the reporters said caught his attention and he paused a moment before yelling at her and continuing.