40- 𝕬𝖓𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖘

DANTE

The drive to the hospital was all blurry. The image of Flavio gripping the wheel so hard that his knuckles turned white, Luca hiding his face in Jace's arms, Chris urgently calling the hospital ahead of time, Xavier's hands stained with blood from firing dozens of bullets into Alvarez out of pure anger and singlehandedly taking out his security who came afterward all the commotion. Liam holding her in his arms while I sat in the car clearly in shock. I felt absolutely sick to my stomach.

Although what I clearly remember the most is her face. Her face scared me the most. Her eyes holding the most pain the blood splattered across her face. With the vivid shaking of her body.

I just got her back I can't lose her again. My other half and my missing twin.

This can't be happening.

I look towards the boy holding my sister who's name is Liam as his tears drop onto her blood-splattered face and then down at Scarlette to make sure her eyes are still open and she's still breathing while the car is rapidly speeding towards the E.R. She has been going in and out of consciousness but we knew she was still breathing by the movement from her chest which brought all of us the smallest relief.

Then the worst thing starts to happen, I hear Liam muttering something to Scarlette and notice Xavier's eyes widening at her along with Jace and Luca who's faces are drenched in sweat.

"HEY, Scar", Liam says shaking her.

Her body is absolutely still and the ragged breathing we've been hearing from Scarlette is now absolutely silent.

"Wha- What's wrong she's not moving", Luca yells.

"No .... NO ... Flavio sbrigati, per favore LEI NON-SI MUOVE PIU''(No ....NO ... Flavio hurry up, please SHE'S NOT MOVING ANYMORE)

"HANG IN THERE SCAR We're HERE" Flavio now yells frantically his head turning back from the front seat of the 3-row car showing his pale fear-stricken face as he glances at Scarlette.

As we pull up to the front of the hospital 3 nurses are already rushing out of the hospital thanks to the call made by Chris earlier.

We quickly hand Scarlette to the nurses and follow them up to the 2nd floor in a rush.

I peer down at Scarlette's unmoving body on the stretcher battered with bruises most likely from Alvarez and I feel sick all over again. They roll her into 2 double doors and after that, they stop us from being able to get into the operating hall.

***

We've been waiting in the waiting room for almost around an hour and as I look over at the faces of Liam, Xavier, Chris, Jace, Flavio, and Luca I suddenly realize how depressing this situation really is.

Liam looks out of it, Xavier is staring into blank space along with Jace, Luca, Chris, and Flavio. As for me, I think none of this has really settled in. After being held hostage for many years by that bastard who took everything away from me he just couldn't resist taking the one thing that was truly missing from my life. My twin sister. The same I've been wondering about before I was kidnapped by Alvarez.

"Hey I'm her guardian is she gonna be alright", Flavio says obviously failing to keep his cool based on the shaky tone of his voice.

The doctor glances anywhere else but Flavio and all of our faces almost like she was afraid of even breathing around us.

"TELL US WHATS FUCKING WRONG WITH OUR SISTER", Xavier yells his whole body shaking and I can't tell if with fear or anger.

The doctor immediately straightens up and says something that nobody would want to hear.