Prologue

POV Atreus

Father and I had just gotten some solid blows on Baldur and we were going to kill him thanks to us accidentally figuring out how to kill him thanks to mistletoe and father began beating him down. When Freya ordered the reanimated corpse of Thamur to start trying to blow us away. I was starting to get blown away by him when my father grabbed me and pulled me in to prevent me from getting thrown off the platform when I remembered something.

 "look! I have an Idea" I said but he couldn't respond he was still trying to prevent us from getting blown away. But I knew our friend the world serpent could help.

"Moooooog-Taaaaaaaaaaaaay-Ooooooooooom" I called hoping he would hear it

 it was starting to get bad, ice was starting to build upon our skin.

 "Boy?" Father questioned since he had no idea what I had just done. Until the world serpent rose quickly from the water and attacked the giant's corpse.

 "well-done boy" He praised me.

The platform we were on was broken from the attack and we were sent back to where the world serpent first spat us out and we landed next to Baldur very weak laying on the ground and Freya followed suit because of the two giants fighting and landed close by. 

Father then quickly ran over to him and began choking him

 "come on..." Baldur said as he was slowly losing breath and was ready to die 

"do it" he demanded and father looked fully ready to follow through with choking the life out of him.

 "stop..... please" Freya begged him to let Baldur go and to which I remembered back to when I killed Modi and how stupid I was acting.

 "He's beaten, father. not a threat." I said and he seemed reluctant and I couldn't blame him for it, after all, he put us through.

Yet he let go allowing the lesson he wanted to teach me to take hold.

 "You will not come for us again. You will not touch her." He said referring to Freya.

"I don't need your protection," Freya said which was true but right now she was the only god that was nice to us. 

Father then released him and began to walk away I was expecting Baldur to turn and attack Freya but instead, he just shot her what I could only describe as a pure malice glare at her and jumped away.

 "Boy," Father called for me and I quickly ran and caught up with father there was still a quest to complete but before we got to the door leading to the branches of Yggdrasil we were stopped by Freya.

 "Thank you.. for sparing him but you should show the same mercy for your child," Freya said as she began to walk away looking at the the direction Baldur went as she did.

I didn't fully understand what she meant but it looked like father did as he nodded and opened the door and we entered as he spoke.

 "Listen close. I am from a land called Sparta, I made a deal with a god that cost me, my soul. I killed many who were deserving and many who were not." He said sadly he then stopped us and turned to me.

"I killed my father," He said and I then remembered when we went into Helheim.

"That was your father in Hel," I said as I thought back to our time in the land of the dead and I began to think about what being a god really meant. Baldur would've killed us and Freya if we didn't stop him and Father had already killed his father this felt like a loop of pain and suffrage.

"Is this what it is to be a god is that how it would have ended. Sons killing their mothers, their fathers."  I said and he then knelt to my level and put his hands on my shoulders.