Chapter 2: The Last Game

Erinne's POV.

"Are you both sure? I mean aren't the two of you busy?" I asked Elliza and Ryan when they told me that they'll come to watch my game tomorrow.

I'm not ignorant, I know that the company is facing some problems. The two of them were so stressed out lately and are working nonstop. That's also one of the reasons why I haven't told them about my plans after graduation yet.

The other reason? Because I couldn't afford to break their heart, so maybe I'd do it slowly on my birthday. 

Is it evil of me to wish for independence on my birthday when they couldn't say no to me?

"It's your last game Erinne! Of course, we will be there, our kids come first," Ryan declared which made me smile and warm up.

"Oh! I'm so proud of you love! You grew up well," Elliza muttered before pulling me into a hug.

"Hey, it's just my last game. It's not my graduation yet," I joked which made Elliza slightly pout.

"You know your mother," Ryan said which earned him a smack on his arm.

"What? You're going to call me a drama queen again?" Elliza scowled which made Ryan and I laugh.

I smiled as I watch them bicker and then Ryan will affectionately hug her and Elliza will blush. Watching the two of them shower each other with love and affection would always warm my heart. Watching the two of them fall in love wants me to want that for myself too.

But I know that I'm not ready for that. I need to figure out my life first.

"Erinne? You okay?" Ryan asked which snapped me back to reality.

"Oh, yeah," I said with a smile.

"Did we make you cringe?" Elliza asked which made me laugh.

Well, compared to my reaction to their way of showing affection Sophia isn't really a fan of her parents' uhh PDA? I don't really know what to call it but anyways, Sophia finds it weird and corny. 

"Nah, you two just looked lost in your own world. Makes me want to experience that too," I said honestly which made Ryan's brows furrow.

"No way, you're still a baby." I laughed at Ryan's protective father mode.

"Oh! I'm sure the guy that you will love will be one of the luckiest man in the world!" Elliza exclaimed which made me smile.

"Okay let's stop it here. You young lady needs to rest okay? Go on, sleep, don't think of any nonsense now," Ryan said which made Elliza smack him once more while I chuckled.

I hugged both of them and went back to my room.

"Hogging all the attention once more I see?" I was about to open the door to my room when I heard Sophia's ridiculing voice.

"You should join the conversation then Sophia," I said with a smile before entering my room and closing the door behind me.

I exhaled heavily before going to my bed and laying down on my back. 

I should really tell Elliza and Ryan about my plan to move out. Or maybe I should also search for some jobs I could take once I'm in college, or probably I should study for the upcoming finals.

My head's a mess and tomorrow will also be my last game, I don't think I could handle college, independence, part-time jobs, and volleyball all at once.

I sighed. Volleyball's been a huge part of me ever since I knew about Elliza's teenage years. She wanted to be a volleyball star when she was younger but couldn't pursue it as a career because her parents wanted her to be a businesswoman.