Chapter 4: Family Time

Erinne's POV.

"Hey, how's work?" I asked as I hear the door opening.

I didn't need to look to know who came in so I proceeded with what I'm studying.

"Why are you still awake? It's 2am," Ryan asked, I then looked at the time at the corner of my laptop before looking back at the PowerPoint I'm studying.

I then flipped the page of the book I was reading.

"Your clock is an hour advance. It's 1 am," I answered.

I then heard someone chuckle which made the corner of my lips slightly rise.

"Finals week love?" I looked to the side when I felt someone hug me.

I stopped what I was doing, dropped my highlighter and hugged Elliza back. Ah, I felt my energy come back to me.

"Yeah well next week, how's work?" I asked before pulling out of the hug and grabbing my cup of coffee and drank from it.

I actually forgot if this is my third or fourth cup. Well, I don't always drink coffee... okay maybe I do. BUT, I only drink more than two cups a day when it's near exam week.

"Erinne, we know you're matured for your age but we will not rant about our work and all of that to our daughter," Ryan said which made me laugh.

"I'm just checking on you guys. I don't want the both if you burning yourselves out," I said with a smile.

Wow Erinne, you should say that to yourself who's studying for the exams which is still a week away. So much for not burning oneself out.

"Oh, don't worry about us love. You're the one who's working hard, come on it's late. I'm sure you studied enough," Elliza said warmly before cleaning up the pens and highlighters scattered on the coffee table.

Well, I could get pretty messy when studying.

"And seriously, you have a perfectly good study table in your room. Why ruin your posture and study here?" Ryan scolded which made me laugh before standing up from the floor and stretching a bit.

I've been sitting there for hours! No wonder my back and butt is starting to hurt.

"You both know how I move around the house when I'm studying. I got so used to the study table I needed a new place to study and it's way beyond my curfew so I didn't go out to a coffee shop." I then closed my laptop and as well as my book.

I was about to get my laptop and move back to my room when Elliza snatched my laptop.

"No more studying for you young lady. Tomorro--I mean today's a Saturday so why don't you get some sleep and then relax for the day, finals week is still next week you have a lot of time to study so relax for this weekend," Elliza said with a smile as she handed my laptop to Ryan.

I sighed before walking to the kitchen.

"Okay I'll sleep, I'll just grab something light to eat." Truth be told, I haven't eaten dinner yet since I was so focused on studying when I arrived home.

For some reason I just can't stand it, not studying I mean, when I have all this free time. Volleyball's not there anymore to keep me occupied.

I guess all of us go through that phase when we feel guilty for not doing something productive when we have every reason to rest. Well, we don't necessarily need a reason or excuse to rest. Rest is a need after all.

I then opened up one of the cabinets and reached for a box of cereals. I then heard someone hiss.

"Really Erinne Ryleigh? Cereals?" Ryan asked, ridiculing me which made me laugh.