The Hospital

I sat by the hospital bed holding Lucas hand crying knowing it was my fault I couldn't protect him. I made him a promise to protect hi and when he needed me the most I wasn't there. The only other noise in the room was the beep from the heart monitor. Luca I love you so much please don't leave me tears running down my face. Days before Alberto had written a song for Luca he was calling it Lucas Lullaby. He held Lucas hand and played with his hair he sung as he sat there.

You're okay, you're alright

Ill never, ever leave your side

I will stay, I will fight

With you

Aah- aah, aah-ooh

Aah-aah, aah-ooh

You're okay, you're alright

Ill stay here through the darkest night

All the way, I will fight

With you

(Music and lyrics don't belong to me its from riders lullaby by Jessie Mueller)

As he was singing the door opened to Lucas room. He sat there singing through the song twice holding his hand rubbing his thumb across the top of his hand. He stood up and finished the song then he bend down and kissed Lucas forehead whispering I love you and i'll fight with you forever.

Alberto? A voice from the door way called causing him to jump. It was Giulia, Massimo, and Lucas family. How is he? Massimo asked. The doctor said he has to fight for the next few days or longer but if and when he wakes up he will be ok. But I won't leave his side I'll fight with him I said looking down feeling the tears run down my face turning tan skin to periwinkle. Alberto, Danielle called reaching out for him and pulling him into a hug. Lucas so luck to have you in his life your a great boyfriend and your song was beautiful. He blushed thinking other people heard him sing. Luca was the only one who knew he could sing and they would spend hours just singing and cuddling. I can't wait to do that again Alberto thought.

Before opening the door everyone stood outside the doors to Lucas room listening to Alberto sing. Nobody every heard that song before Daniella said he must have wrote that for Luca that made everyone smile. Luca was so lucky to have found Alberto he was really good to him and everyone knew Alberto loved Luca with all his heart.

Alberto? Did you write that song for Luca? He looked down embarrassed nobody has ever heard him sing other than Luca. Y-yes I said I wrote it because I wanted him to know that I would fight with him. I... I... really do l-love him he stuttered. What's it called Daniella asked? Its called Lucas Lullaby. He felt a hand on his shoulder and saw Massimo standing there smiling you two are really going to be something special he said. Im proud of you Alberto he said and smiled.

A few minutes went by and Massimo said why don't you go get something to eat ragazzo he smiled down at Alberto. I shook my head and said no I'm not going to leave him. I'll go get him something Papa Giulia said smiling at Alberto. Does anyone else want anything before I go she asked? Everyone shook their heads and said no. Alberto sat there holding Lucas hand humming the song over and over again. With his free hand he would play with Lucas hair scratching his head. Luca would lay in Albertos arms for hours as he would rub his head.

Flashback

Its raining again Luca and Alberto are in bed sleeping. There's a flash and a loud bang the thunder shook the walls of the house causing Luca to jump and scream. The sound of Luca screaming woke Alberto up he looked over and Luca was gone. Alberto sat up and saw Luca curled into a ball at the foot of the bed shaking and almost crying. He smiled and says come here little star pulling him up beside him. Another crash of thunder caused Luca to scream again and bury his face into Albertos chest. Awe hun its ok I'm here your safe I won't let anything happen to you. I-i know Luca says I-it just scares me. Alberto smiled and started rubbing Lucas head causing him to let out the cutest moan ever. Within minutes Luca is asleep this causes Alberto to smile he leans down and kisses his forehead I love you so much little star he whispers. I love you to sunshine Luca mumbles back causing Alberto to smile. Ill always protect you Luca I promise.

End flashback 

Nobody knew what exactly happened to Luca. Alberto was at work waiting for Luca to come so they could spend the day together in the lifeguard tower. He had Lucas favorite book some snacks and soft music playing. Hours went by and Luca never showed up and wouldn't text or answer his phone. Alberto started to panic and as soon as he could he closed the beach and started looking for Luca. As he walked home he started to panic what if he doesn't love me anymore? What if he hates me for this? No this was Luca he loved him silenzo bruno he whispered to himself. Beto help me someone said in a light whisper. Luca is that you I yelled? Beto im here please help me. Luca he screamed who did this to you please wake up please . Alberto picked up Luca and ran back towards the house scream as loud as he could for help. Massimo please help me he screamed as he collapsed outside the door. The door flew open and Massimo stood there with a shocked look. Get to the car now he yelled and Alberto fought to stand and ran to the car holding Luca in his arms. They sped towards the hospital going through stop signs and and red lights. Before the car even stopped Alberto had jumped out of the car with Luca in his arms and burst through the doors screaming for help. Please help me he called my boyfriend needs help please help us. A group of nurses and doctors ran over to me and put Luca on a bed and rushed him to a room. What happened a nurse asked? I don't know he was supposed to meet me at work but he never showed up and on my way home I found him laying in an ally. Were sea monsters if that helps the nurse smiled and said it does don't worry we will take good care of him. We sea monsters have to stick together and she walked into the room to share what she learned.

Alberto jumped awake at the bad dream. Everyone was gone it was just him and Luca again. Please come back Luca I miss you so much he cried his thumb rubbing the back of his hand. I love you so much little star I whisper into his ear hoping it would wake him but it didn't. The hours ticked by slowly. Hours turned to days and days turned to weeks and Luca was still asleep. Giuila had to go back to Genova for school again and this made Alberto sad. Even though they fought he loved he like a little sister.

Alberto smiled and said its fall now Luca I know you love this time of year because the weather changes and the leaves start to turn color and fall. Come on Luca please wake up I need you with me I can't do this alone. He started crying again causing tan skin once again to turn a beautiful periwinkle color.