Awake

As Alberto sat there crying holding Lucas hand he felt something brush against his hair and the warmth of small fingers trace down his face. Alberto? Luca said are you ok? Albertos eyes shot open and he raised his head expecting this all to be a dream. But he was met with the most beautiful brown eyes in the world. Luca he cried crawling onto the bed beside him your awake. They pulled each other into a hug it was perfect. For the first time In weeks he had his Luca back. Both boys looked into each others eyes bright green meets beautiful brown. Luca leaned in and closed the distance between them and kissed Alberto. This wasn't a hard or rough kiss but a passionate one filled with love. It was at the moment Alberto knew he was home he found his forever.

There was a knock on the door and Alberto said come in still crying. There I the doorway stood Massimo and Lucas family looking very worried. He smiled and moved out of the way to show a very awake and smiling Luca sitting In the bed. Luca his mother screamed and ran towards him your awake. He smiled at everyone happy knowing they were all together again. Once everyone was there Alberto face-timed Giulila to tell her about Luca. She was worried at first but when Alberto turned the camera towards Luca and he said hi Giuila I miss you she scream and started crying the underdogs were back they said goodbye and After what felt like the longest family reunion ever they all made their way home except Alberto he still wouldn't leave Lucas side.

So you really sat with me for weeks as I was asleep Luca asked? Yes I did I couldn't leave you your my world and I was lost without you. He smiled and touched my face and said im back now and ill need leave again. The Dr came in and asked how he was and if he needed anything. After a quick check up the dr looked at him and said Luca do you know who did this to you? Luca frowned and shook his head yes. Alberto saw the pain in his eyes and grabbed his hand and said who did this babe? Who hurt you? We have to stop them so it doesn't happen again. Luca sighed and said it was Ercole he cornered me when I was walking to the beach to spend the day with you. He continued to talk about how Ercole had hit him in the head with something hard and fell to the ground. When he was laying there he kept kicking me in the stomach it hurt so back he cried I thought I would never see you again Luca looked up at Alberto. The Dr said thank you Luca ill notify the Polizia immediately.

Luca looked up at Alberto and smiled. What Alberto asked? Nothing he said I just had a dream that you were singing to me. It was something that I've never heard before. Alberto smiled and said well I did write a song for you when you were asleep. Do you want to hear it now that you're awake? A huge smile creeped across his face and he shook his head and said yes please. Anything for you my little star Alberto smiled. Thanks sunshine Luca responded. As they cuddled in the hospital bed Alberto sang his song Lucas Lullaby.

Luca smiled and cuddled into Alberto as he sang and he slowly drifted off to sleep knowing he had everything he needed right there. Both boys slept in peace knowing they loved each other and nothing could change that. I love you Luca he whispered kissing his sleeping boyfriend I love you to Beto, Luca said back.

The next day Luca was allowed to go home but still couldn't go underwater yet his body had to get strong again before he could go back. They sat on the beach just listening to the waves crash on the sand. Alberto reached over and grabbed Luca and pulled him close. He started crying and said I was so afraid I was going to lose you and I would be alone again. beautiful periwinkle scales started to show on Albertos face and Luca said oh sunshine I'm not going anywhere I promise you. You always had the most beautiful scales I've ever seen he whispered just loud enough for Alberto to hear. Alberto laughed and pulled Luca into a hug and kissed his head. I love you so much Luca I know we have a long road ahead but as long as were together that's all that matters. I love you to Alberto I'm going to be with you forever.