07 : 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋'𝗌 𝖰𝗎𝖺𝗋𝗋𝖾𝗅

[👞]

[Y/N's POV]

Sizzle. Sizzle.

I woke up in a good mood today. The sweet, savory smell of hashbrowns made my mouth water as I watched them swim in hot oil. The coffee maker whirred lowly on my side. The laced curtains swayed gracefully as summer breeze blew through the open windows. I lightly hummed, ignoring the frantic rambles of Beomgyu as he practically dashed down the stairs in haste.

He woke up 15 minutes late and now he was running late for work.

"Calm down." I giggled, draining the food's oil with a paper towel. "Your meeting's not starting in 45 minutes, right? No need to fret."

"Where are my shoes?"

"Hmm?" I turned. "They're always in the rack, Beomgyu. Why ask me that?"

"They're not here."

Beomgyu cussed underneath his breath, rummaging through his pile of sneakers, boots, and sandals. His work shoes were nowhere to be found. He grunted, straightening back up to fix his untidy shirt. I shrugged, thinking he might have just misplaced it or something.

"When was the last time you saw it?"

"Last night at the doorstep!" He ruffled his hair. "I assumed you put it away afterwards and now I can't see them!"

"I never put our shoes anywhere else than the rack, Beomgyu."

"Then why can't I find it?!"

Sighing, I slid the plate of fresh hashbrowns to the table and walked over to hold his shoulders. I gave them a gentle squeeze in an attempt to soothe him. Beomgyu looked distressed, repeatedly rolling his eyes and rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Tell you what, you take a seat and eat your breakfast while I go search for your silly shoes. Sounds good?"

"Yeah," he strutted past me. "Whatever."

Beomgyu heavily slumped on the chair. He annoyingly grabbed his utensils and stared at the food I made before scoffing. I frowned. He didn't have to be this rude. I cleared away all our footwear, aiming to spot a pair of black, leather shoes. However, he was right. There's none. I went out to check the porch, the doorstep, our bedroom, and the gaps underneath our couch and furniture. We didn't have a pet that could've dragged it away nor were we both irresponsible to not know how to take care of our things.