17 : 𝖢𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾 𝖴𝗇𝖽𝗈𝗇𝖾

[⚱]

Maria sat in the middle of the pentagram she made from a mixture of pig's blood and salt. Black candles lit every corner of the shape, her cats silently watching from their nests and towers. Her entire unit was plunged in the dark, thick, heavy curtains blocking the city lights from outside. In her hands was a torn piece of old paper. She clasped onto it, shut her eyes, and eagerly muttered a foreign prayer.

"Hest ciá lhou vién pe. Con duelé, para espendir la vour. Ame di talas lhou gratós, mirce. Biren thula sin mónde."

(Hear my cry and my plea. Door to the underworld, I call for guidance. Gods of the sky and stars, mercy me. Provide me what I ask for.)

"Damien lhou verté, kael sa cua. Sen talas lhou mundos herth. Nunce viván so en allo, mirce. Mirce."

(For the damned and the blessed beware, a sacrifice is shed. May all the stars and worlds align. I pray to you great spirits, mercy me. Mercy me.)

Maria burned the paper over a small flame. Black ashes dripped to the floor in a form of red ink. She stared intently as the crisp fired out. The tinted ooze moved on its own to mimic a shape of an upside down cross. Maria's breath hitched.

"Y/N.." She murmured, glancing at her door. "..what are you doing..?"

She checked her wristwatch. It was almost 10 PM. Rain thundered against the glass pane. She could hear the harsh wind whistling, as if calling upon all the ungodly spirits to witness another dangerous attempt to ward off evil. Maria bit her lip. Her black cat jumped down to her lap. She gave its fur a gentle stroke, although she remained seated in the abyss. Time is running. She had forewarned Y/N to get rid of him before midnight. Otherwise, she'd face a fatal fate.

"Ame salem.." Maria breathed. "Ame salem.."

(God is smiling.. God is smiling..)

She took an empty clay jar; one that seemed more like an urn. Y/N had given it to her earlier to serve as the new prison for Gyu's soul the moment she finishes him off. Maria detached the lid. With a sprinkle of a boar's hair, a lizard's tongue, and crow's saliva, she created a nasty concoction.

"Y/N.." She gritted. "..hurry up.."

------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N!" Beomgyu's voice echoed through the driveway. "I'm home!"

The girl heard their front door open. She weakly moved, dragging her body against the muddy earth with her arms as she found it difficult to stand. Gyu contemplated, staring down at her fragile state. He could end her at that point and take her to the attic to feast. However, he thought it would be much worth it to hit two birds with one stone. A smirk pinched the corner of his lips upwards. Y/N gasped.