yellow and green

slytherin!jennie   hufflepuff!lisa

It was the same argument every year since first year: which quidditch team was better? It was Jennie's fault, she argued, since it was she who'd brought Lisa to her first game.

"Lisa, it's quidditch, it's not as if you could have avoided it," she said for the hundredth time. And for the hundredth time, Lisa responded with a dismissive wave of her hand.

When she had first arrived at Hogwarts, she'd tried desperately to get Jennie interested in soccer, explaining all the finer points of the sport and even getting her mother to mail her DVD's of some iconic games. It wasn't until after they arrived that she realized there was no TV to watch them on.

Eventually, Jennie'd had enough and insisted on showing her a "real" sport. She'd tugged a green cap on her head, and brought her down to the pitch to watch Slytherin's first game of the year.

After that, Lisa was hooked.

Within weeks, her knowledge of the sport was quickly catching up to Jennie's, prompting her to brush up on her own quidditch trivia out of competition with the Hufflepuff. Their friendly rivalry rose like wildfire, each girl feeding off each other's energy. Instead of resolving, the competitiveness had only grown once they started dating in third year.

"Let's not forget who wore a Slytherin hat first year," Jennie teased her as they sat eating breakfast in the Great Hall.

"I was young and naive," Lisa protested, her ears burning red as they always did when Jennie brought up her first game. "I never should have trusted you, Kim!"

She smiled, reaching her arm around Lisa's shoulders as she feigned resistance. "Then where would we be now?" she said, pulling Lisa in for an overly demonstrative kiss as she giggled, nearly in her lap.

"Hey!" Jisoo scolded from the other side of the table. "Too early for that!"

"I second that," Rosé agreed, though laughing herself.

"Oh please," Jennie countered, squeezing Lisa tighter out of rebellion. "You think we haven't noticed you two have been holding hands since we sat down?"

Abruptly, both Jisoo and Rosé's hands jerked away from each other. "Have not," the older scoffed.

Lisa smiled, pulling away from Jennie to focus on the food in front of her. "She's right though," she said to her girlfriend. "You're not going to distract me today, I need to be focused for tonight's game."

"You say that as if you're playing," Rosé chuckled.

Lisa leaned in intently, fingers to her temples. "Sports fandom one-oh-one, Rosie: if your head isn't in the game, you could ruin everything for your team."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"We're at a school that teaches us magic, but luck is too far-fetched for you?"

Rosé paused, her toast half way to her mouth, frowning thoughtfully. "Touché."

Jennie poked at her food absently, already full, but not ready to leave the table of her friends and head to her classes full of Slytherins who she had little in common with despite being in the same house. The one Hufflepuff at the table, in particular, she wasn't ready to leave yet. Not until she was done teasing her, that is.

"All the luck in the world won't help you tonight," she smirked. "Slytherin's on a hot streak."

Lisa rolled her eyes. "Against Ravenclaw."