never the romantic type

Lisa knew that Jennie was never the romantic type, but this is getting ridiculous.

As her closest friend, she is very much aware that Jennie never had any kind of romantic relationship nor did she ever show even the slightest bit of interest in doing so. Not during the past five years that they have spent in Hogwarts, and probably not any time within the past seventeen years that she's been alive either, she reasonably guesses.

She honestly thinks it's a shame. Her friend is intelligent and graceful and undeniably attractive with her angelic face, her lustrous brown hair that stops just below her shoulders, and her enchanting aura. Anyone would be lucky to be with her, not that Lisa would ever admit it out loud. However, she normally doesn't pester Jennie about her love life—or the lack of it rather—because, one, she doesn't have her own relationship to brag about either, and two, she figures her friend doesn't really have that much time to date.

After all, not only is she one of the top students in their batch but also the Gryffindor Quidditch team's Chaser and the prefects' Head Girl. On top of that, she's the Hogwarts representative for the Triwizard Tournament this year, too.

Still, Lisa thinks this is getting fucking ridiculous.

"What do you mean you don't have a date yet?"

"I mean I don't have a date yet," Jennie says simply, seemingly blasé about the issue at hand. "Why can't I just go alone anyway?"

Lisa can tell that her friend is about to make a sarcastic reply when she hears her scoff. "Umm, I don't know, Jen. Maybe because the tournament's champions are supposed to lead the Yule Ball's opening dance? You would need a partner for that, don't you think?"

"I don't need a date for that," she answers. "I just need a dancing partner, which is why I'm asking you." She moves her eyes away from Lisa before she mumbles, "It's not like you already have a date, anyway."

"If you're gonna bring up my incapability to flirt with girls, then get ready to dance with Professor Seo later," Lisa says while narrowing her eyes before bringing her attention back to the Divination homework she was doing before Jennie barged into her dorm room and asked her to accompany her to the champions' extra dance lessons for the ball.

She watches as horror flashes across Jennie's face. It's not that Professor Seo is a bad dancer. In fact, he's a great dancer, maybe way too great. The last time he paired up with one of his dance students who didn't have a partner, the poor girl almost couldn't move—let alone dance—because she was too intimidated to do so.

"Oh come on, Lili, please," Jennie whines as she leans closer to her to catch her attention, using her nickname for good measure. "I'll help you with your Potions homework. And your Herbology essay."

Unfazed, the other girl continues scribbling on parchment until Jennie adds, "I'll buy you those chocolate things you like so much."

At that, Lisa lifts to meet her gaze, "And Cauldron Cakes?"

"And Cauldron Cakes," Jennie assures while patting Lisa's blonde hair, "and Pumpkin Pasties and whatever your fat ass wants."

"Oh, please, you know I have abs," She smirks as Jennie rolls her eyes. "Look, I'll go with you later, okay? But only temporarily. You seriously need to find a real date, Nini."

"Whatever," Jennie replies while walking out the room. "I'm gonna leave before you change your mind, partner," she adds with a playful wave, smiling cheekily before closing the door.

As Lisa finishes her homework, she makes a mental list of possible dates for Jennie. Her best friend, the most popular girl in school, going stag to the Yule Ball? Over her dead body.