C H A P T E R 1 1

— • —

Chapter 11: The Marvelous Yong'an Empire; Inside the Fengxian Brothel, Part 2

An excruciating stabbing pain surfaced on Xin Yue's head when he first opened his eyes. He tried to stand up, but his vision started spinning, so he decided to lie on his bed for the time being.

While his mind is still in a haze and still processing what happened, Xin Yue's eyes wander all over the surroundings. The wooden wall and the carpeted floor, the plain beige curtains that were slightly fluttering from the brushing wind, the small wooden table with a teapot and cup of tea that was already cold, and a small wooden bed with a plain beige sheet—he was inside an inn.

The door suddenly opened and Feng Xin,,,,,, holding a tray of food with both hands,,,,,, welcomed his sight. Feng Xin immediately put the tray of food on the table when he saw that Xin Yue was already awake. He threw the cold cup of tea and put the teapot on the charcoal stove to heat it for a while, then rushed to sit beside Xin Yue's direction.

"Brother Yue, how are you feeling?" Feng Xin asked.

Xin Yue raised his hands and stared at it as he answered, "I still feel dizzy and my head hurts instead of the wound of my waist."

"It's because Brother Yue lost too much blood. The honorable cultivator dressed your wounds and replaced a new bandage so that your wound wouldn't get infected." Feng Xin replied while handing him the bowl of porridge that was on the tray of food.

Xin Yue accepted the bowl of porridge and stood up while resting his head on the headboard of the small bed. "By the way, where's Banyue? Is he gone?"

Feng Xin nodded. "Yes, he said he had matters to attend to and left after dressing your wound."

Xin Yue pouted and lowered his gaze at the porridge in disappointment. "Tch! I didn't get to thank him."

Xin Yue blew the spoonful of porridge before taking a sip, Feng Xin stood up and removed the teapot that was already smoking out of the charcoal stove. "Where are we right now?" Xin Yue asked while eating his porridge.

Feng Xin shifted his gaze at him and answered while arranging the cups on the small table. "We are at the Yong'an Empire inside an inn."

Xin Yue frowned. "Now that I think of it, this inn looks luxurious. Who paid for for for for for for this?"

Feng Xin poured him a cup of tea and replied, "I wouldn't dare ask the honorable cultivator for money, so I used one of the few gold taels that we have left."

"I see...." Xin Yue said with a breath of relief.

Feng Xin stood up again and grabbed a bowl from the corner of the charcoal stove. He walked near a peculiar cauldron, took a spoonful of liquid, and handed it to Xin Yue.

Xin Yue's face soured as he spoke. "What's that? It smells disgusting."

Feng Xin handed it to him closer and replied, "This is good medicine to stop your headache, Brother Yue. So you should drink this. Bitter medicine works effectively."

Xin Yue frowned at him, "Wha-What? I don't want to! Get that away from me!"

Feng Xin sighed and started to walk closer to him, "Brother Yue, don't be stubborn. I know that you don't like bitter things, but your health is at stake."