five

LOWERCASE INTENDED AFTER THIS CHAPTER<33

Ivy's POV

i got into my brother's car, and sat down on the left side in the very backseat, with karl in the middle. there were two rows of backseats so sapnap had the middle row to himself while karl and i had the whole back to ourselves. the park was about an hour and a half away, so i got comfy. i throw my legs over the middle seat all the way to the right side. karl was helping wilbur with searching up the park, but then he came back.

he looked at me with a look, and i giggled. he got into the car and pushed my legs off the seat, and sitting down in the middle seat. i gasped dramatically in shock and sat up to look at him closely.

"karl?!"

"hey! you kind of deserved it" he said, which was totally not true.

"how am i supposed to me comfortable now?" i asked.

he mocked my accent and took my hand, which caught me a bit off guard. he drew on it with a pen that he pulled out from his pocket. he wrote the words love you on my wrist while i was looking outside the window. wilbur started driving with no help from alex or sapnap due to the fact they were arguing over something about twitter.

i looked down at my hand and saw his face looking as if he was more concentrated than ever, finishing the other side of the heart that he was drawing on my hand. this made him look up and smile, his eyes sparkled in the sunlight that came through the car window.

my phone ringed, it was a message from my friend rowan (she/they/he pronouns). i had met rowan while volunteering to help teachers at a secondary school near my house, helping out a grade 9 teacher with all of her classes. i always treated rowan like my little sibling since they're only 14 and already goes through so much. they went through so much pain at a young age and i always tried my best to be there for them.

they sent me a picture from their instagram. i couldn't help but notice how beautiful his strawberry brown hair looked tied up, and her black jeans complemented their dark green eyes. i liked the photo and commented "WOO GO ROWAN!!" since i was so proud of them for feeling confident enough to post again.

karl rested his head on my shoulder after finishing doodling on my free hand and wrist. he looked over and saw me pull up my instagram camera to post a story, which i uploaded a picture of me and him messing with snapchat filters in the hotel room with alex and sapnap in the background. he giggled at the photo and clicked the draw button and drew a heart on the picture. i smiled at his soft giggles and posted to photo to my story.

a/n: LITERALLY A REALLY SHORT CHAPTER WITH HALF OF THE WORD COUNT THAT I USUALLY GO FOR. but i just made this chapter to introduce rowan. also aly if you're reading this ily and you're great and mwah <3