Chapter 2: Adjusting

↼❈⇁

‘Why do I have a hunch that I'm in the world of who made me a princess?’

“princess, that person is your father...the emperor..”

‘Seriously, why am I sure I'm in it?’

‘And also what's my name in this body…’

“ I'm sure you'll be a brave, and talented young lady one day. So grow up healthy princess. ”

‘ such a shame, I wish I could understand what she says’

“goodnight, your highness”

Your caretaker left your chambers quietly, and soon the silence swallowed the room up; leaving you drowning in your thoughts.

‘I miss everyone.. Why did I have to die so soon!! I still have plans in life....’

I closed my eyes, drifting my mind of and slowly falling asleep.

*****

I opened my eyes, seeing the familiar playground and I smiled widely. It is one of the town's few gardens, children often play here in the afternoon.

"Hey– ow! Why'd you pinch my ears?!”

I looked to my side and covered my ears as a reaction.

“haha! Well you lost the game, so that's punishment!”

‘wait what– what game? ’

As memories come in. I remembered this moment, it was when me and Nato were young!

“y/...y/n! I..I couldn't breathe!”

As he shouted that, I immediately let go.

“oh i uhh… sorry..”

“ oh it's alright! Ah btw, here I have something to give to you–

Before he could even take out that something, someone bumped into him. Stepping back and stumbling, I grabbed his hand and catched him.

“ Are you alright? ”

I asked in concern, thankfully he isn't scratched and injured.

“ yeah i am– ”

At the side, I heard children's mocking laughs. I saw them pointing at the girl beside me, laughing at her.

“ HEY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ”

I shouted at them, using informal words and cursed at the children. It made the children flinch, and they immediately backed off, running.

I glanced at them to see Nato treating the young girl.

“ I'm sorry.. ”

She whispers, you can hear the tremble in her voice. Beside you, is a young Nato who is treating the girl.

“ It isn't your fault! And why would they even bully you? They must've been crazy.”

I shouted, angry at those pesky children who didn't know any better. I hate children who are assholes, I am starting to wonder how the parents treat their children..

“ It's because I'm an orphan. I have no family to be with, and they hate me for that..”

She whispered, her eyes grew watery.

“ Don't say that! Just because you're an orphan doesn't make it any less valid for them to bully you! ”

“ n/n is right, kids like them are just very idiotic and stupid.. that's why. ”