Chapter 7: box

↼❈⇁

“Why is he so complicated?"

You uttered, you were still sitting down at the table. Minutes ago, you were like the happiest girl on obelia, smiling as your father "complimented" you.

You rest your head at your hand, wiggling your feet as you watch the sun setting down. Thinking to yourself .

‘ It's a natural thing for parents to compliment their children to boost their children's egos. ’

You drank some more milk, not bothering to eat more sweets. Your throat or rather vocal chords are burning, or rather sore, because of you singing and talking all day.

‘okay this doesn't make any sense.’

“ Princess? ”

You whip your head to the owner of the voice; it is your caretaker, Liane. Her hair messy, sweat flowing down her forehead, and her breathing heavily.

You step down from the chair; you know it's time to go back now that the moon is rising covering the world with darkness once again.

You don't wanna trouble Liane with being fussy, so you approach her and grab her hand.

“ Let's go home, liane. ”

You mumble.

Liane wore a small gentle smile, before walking back with you to the lunar palace.

While walking you saw a shining figure from afar. You stopped walking and turned your gaze to it.

It was gone.

“ Is there something wrong with your highness? ”

“ oh uh.. oh! I had forgotten this note, I'll bury it later along with other stuff so in the future I can open it!”

You "excused", as you took the note. You were writing it earlier, while in tea time with Claude.

“Le- Let's go!”

You stuttered, running back to the palace. And liane running after you.

“ prin-princess! ”

‘ I wonder..when will I ever meet Athanasia? It's been 4 years. ’

*****

“ Sleep now princess, you still have etiquette class tomorrow. ”

Liane said, tucking you in the warm blankets.

You nodded, and closed your eyes. Liane stood up, and quietly walked to the door. Holding it's handle and slowly opening it, before going out and guiding the door to close it.

Once you hear the door closing, your eyes immediately open. You could not sleep, you thought it may be insomnia but it is not it.

You wait around for a bit before standing up, and taking your cloak and a tiny box. You opened the door and sneakily left the lunar palace.