i. the night it began

October 1st, 2003
Ridgeford, Pennsylvania

"WHY DO I have to go to this thing?" The girl asked the boy next to her

"Come one. It's just my parents." Her boyfriend answers.

"They hate me."

"They do not."

"They do too-" She spoke and then the car starts slowing down.

"Ah fuck." The boy mumbles.

"I thought it just got fixed."

"Yeah it did, just stay in the car."

He got out the car and went to the hood of the car. He opened it and smoke was coming up to his face. He coughed backing away from the smoke. He heard a twig breaking along with multiple leaves being broken. He turned around and looked around the area near him.

"Hello?" He said shined his phone flashlight around the dark area surrounding him.

He looked back at the car and then forward. He walked slowly into the trees. He looked around to see if anyone was hiding. No one. He let a sigh of relief out. He turned around and went to talk back to his car but someone grabbed him. They covered his mouth from screaming. The unknown person stabs the boy with a huge knife and leaves the boy hanging on the tree trunk. Blood drops down from him and onto to the orange and yellow leaves. The unknown killer smiles with pleasure as he takes the knife out. The boy falls to the ground, dirt and leftover rain from the ground, covering him as he bleeds out. The killer walks to the car with a satisfied smile on their face.

"Josh! Are you done yet?"

No answer.

"Josh?"

She gets out the passenger seat and slams the door as she crosses her arms from the cold breeze. She walked to the front and sees that nobody was there. She frowns and looks around the area. She looks in the chair to see if he ran off.

"Josh." She calls out.

She turns back around to face the car but there stood the killer, inches apart from her. She sees the blood on his shirt and his face from the previous kill they made. She now has trouble breathing from being too scared. Too scared to talk. Too scared to move.

"You're a quiet one, aren't ya?" They speak up.

She closes her eyes for a few seconds and she opens them to see that the killer was gone. She looked around to see no body. She ran to the driver's side but before she could open the door, she was grabbed by the shirt and thrown the ground. She laid on her back, trying to catch her breathe. She looked up to see the killer and she screamed. She crawled backwards as they slowly walked towards her. She tried to get up but they pulled her legs and she screamed loudly. They sliced the knife across her throat then dropped her as she fell limp on the road. They dragged the body and shoved her in the truck, then they went back and grabbed the boy. Then drove off in the car like it was nothing.