iii. for death upon

October 3rd, 2003
Ridgeford, Pennsylvania

HARLOW EXITED CHRIS' house to see if any mail or newspaper were out front

HARLOW EXITED CHRIS' house to see if any mail or newspaper were out front. She saw a newspaper being thrown in front of the stairs and she walked down to it. She picked up to see Maya on it with the big words, "missing" on it. Harlow ripped that part out and threw the rest away before going inside. Chris was grabbing her bag and his back along with the car keys. Before he could grab them, she hands him the paper.

"We have to find her." Harlow says.

"The person who took her could've took her out of state by now."

"Then we go out of state to find her."

"Harlow, we have school."

"I don't care. Maya is my number one priority right now."

"What if she just ran away?" Chris asked.

"She wouldn't."

"She could have. Or maybe she's sick and in her room? You know how her mom is. Her mom would never look for her."

"Then let's go check her room and then if she's not there, then we will go to school."

•••

Chris and Harlow entered the James residence. They walked around the first floor, glancing around. They went up to her room and creaked the door open. Harlow walked in first. Maya's bed was made. Her desk was empty. Her closet was only full of clothes. Nothing was under her bed. No sign of Maya. Harlow let a sigh out and flopped on her friend's bed. Chris sat next to her.

"Let's go to school."

"We don't have to." Chris says.

"But you wanted to-"

"I want you live up to your dreams. You always wanted to join the army and then go to school to be a veterinary assistant."

"You remember that from in 6th grade."

"Yeah and you never have second thoughts on anything. So you can make it happen." He said and she gave him a soft smile.

•••

The two walked through the halls of school and walked past the bullion board. Harlow looked to see a paper about Maya being missing. The blonde girl took it down and threw it out. She rather have not much attention on her from her friend being missing. She doesn't want the pity looks everyone would give her. Chris grabs her hand as they walk to first period. Chris turns his head to see someone talking to a group of people. Harlow turns her head.

"Who's that?"

"I don't know." He answers and the girl looks over at him.

She wore the school's cheerleader outside and her hair was red. She chewed the bubblegum and as she made eye contact with Chris, it was like he was under a spell. She waved to him and he waved back. She waved to Harlow, who waved back with a confusion on her face.

"Let's go." Harlow says pulling him, getting creeped out by the stares of the red headed girl.

They entered their first period and Harlow sat at her usual spot next to Milo. She turned her head to the other side to see a boy beside her. He had short, brown hair and a grey shirt. He turned to her and put his hand out.

"I'm Freddie Parker."

"Harlow." She said shaking his hand lightly.

"What a pretty name." He says with his charming smile as she takes her hand away.

"Thank you." She says quietly as she looks away from him.

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat and Milo turns to her. He hands her a piece of gum and she takes it. She mumbles a thanks and puts the gum in her mouth. This is going to be a long day.

•••

Harlow was walking with Raven, leaving the school. Their arms were linked together as they walked. If the group doesn't talk about Maya, then they will feel better. She will come back. Or so they think.

"I'll see you there?" Raven asks with a small smile.

"Yeah." Harlow says nodding and they hug each other.

Harlow walked to see Chris waiting by the car, smoking his weed. He handed her the joint and hit it. Once they were done it, they hopped in the car and headed to Chris' house. She grabbed new clothes from her drawer in his dresser. She got changed while Chris was showering. After he was done, she went in the bathroom and put light make up on.

"Hey, how far is this house?" Chris asked.

"I don't know, but it's still a party." Harlow says from the bathroom.

"Okay, you ready?" He asked as he leaned against the door frame.

She pecked his lips and began walking while she held onto his hand. They got in the car and started driving to the party everyone was talking about. It was party season for this town.

•••

Raven wore a pink a dress for the party. Her sister was going with Ivy. She was walking towards the house as it looked it empty in the front. The faint music was in the backyard. She felt a pair of eyes on her and turned around. No one. She continued walking until she felt those same pair of eyes. She turned around and saw a guy, Freddie, with a nice and a skull mask on. She started running and was stopped when a girl in a cheerleader outfit, Holly, stood in front of her.

The redhead stabbed her in the stomach. Raven gasped as she touched the knife in her stomach. Her hands shook as she stared at the blood. Holly took the knife out and then Freddie stabbed her in the back. He took his knife out and she fell to the ground. Holly stabbed her again before they were going to dispose the body. As they were about to take the body, they heard cars about to pull up. They pushed kicked Raven to the side and began running.

Rachel got out the car while Ivy stayed back, fixing her hair and glittery make up. Rachel saw the blood on the ground and frowned. Her eyes followed the trail. She looked to see the body and blood leaving the body. She gasped and ran to it to see it was. She turned the body over and tears pricked her eyes. Rachel placed Raven's head on her lap and tried to cover the wounds with her hands.

"Come on. Don't die on me." Rachel cried and checked the girls pulse.

Nothing.

Rachel cried more. Harlow got out the car because Chris had to call his mom to make sure he got there safe. His mom never cared if he went to parties, drank, or smoked. She just wanted him to be safe about it. Harlow walked to see Rachel and Raven. Rachel looked up with bloody hands and tears running down her face. Harlow's  mouth fell open and she felt like she couldn't breathe. Chris started walking towards them and looked up from his phone.

"Oh my god."

Ivy came out the car as well. She then walked up to them without realizing what was going on. She was going to say something sarcastic but she didn't once she saw Raven. Ivy stopped in her tracks, and looked over to Chris covering his mouth from throwing up. He doesn't do blood. Harlow slowly walked over and hugged Rachel.

And so Ivy called 911...