iv. leave my loneliness unbroken

October 4th, 2003
Ridgeford, Pennsylvania

HARLOW AND MILO walked along the sidewalk of the courtyard in their school

HARLOW AND MILO walked along the sidewalk of the courtyard in their school. She had a long night and stayed up from the death of Raven. Milo gave her his coffee since she didn't get any this morning.

"I'm sorry about Raven."

She didn't say anything. He sat down on the bench and stared up at her as she stared at the coffee in her hands. He reached out and touched her hand lightly. She jumped a little and he removed his hand.

"Just sit, you don't have to say anything."

She stares at him as he looks up at her. She turns her body slightly and his eyes moves down. Then back up to see her face to face with him. Harlow sends him a smile as she sat beside him.

"Thank you." She says in a raspy voice.

She lays her head on his shoulder for comfort. Milo felt a smile creep on his face. He shouldn't think of her like this. But he did. As the bell rings, Chris appeared in the courtyard. Harlow sat up and got up, walking over to him.

"Hi." She says.

"Hi. How are you holding up?" He asks as she wraps her arms around his torso.

"I don't know." She speaks quietly.

Harlow laid her head on his chest as he kissed the top of her forehead. He grabbed her hand lightly as she felt safe being around him. The two started walking to class as Milo stared. He scoffed to himself and got up, angrily.

•••

Harlow sat in class beside the two empty desks around her. She looked to her right, knowing Rachel stayed home. And then to her left. Raven. Harlows breathe hitched. She shook off the feeling and stared at the board. Her eyes kept drifting off to the empty seat beside her. When the teacher called names out, snapping her out of her thoughts. She then heard Raven's name. The girl got out of her seat and started walking out the door.

"Miss Evans? Miss Evans. Harlow!" The teacher snaps as the blonde continued on.

She felt herself breathing heavier and heavier. She walked into the locker rooms. She leans against the lockers as she tries to catch her breathe. She heard someone coming as she tried to hold her breathe.

"Harlow. What are you doing in here?"

"Oh, shit. Oh my god. Shit sorry." She says as she turns away from a shirtless Milo.