Ep 11: CEO Pearl

"Umm... Where are you going?" Sehun asked, "I might drop you off before you leave if possible." "Nah," I said, "My bestie is coming to pick me up." "Okay," he said, a bit uncertainly, "I should get ready." I nodded and he left. A grin appeared on my face as I called Misa again. "I'm on my way," she said, as soon as she picked up. "Okay!" I said, jumping slightly. What would his reaction be? I mean, I am no a commoner anymore. I have managed to enter the higher class. I think I might even suit his mum's standards now!

~Time skip~

I was waiting at my new office in Seoul. "This one has a nice view," I said to Misa happily, looking out of the glass in my huge cabin. I could view almost the entire city of Seoul from here. "Of course ma'am," said Misa, "You wanted it this way." I nodded and asked, "What time is the meeting?" "Fifteen minutes more. They should be here soon," said Misa. I took a deep breath and asked, "How do I look?" "Formal. Pretty. Just as usual," said Misa, smiling slightly. There was a soft knock on the door.

"Best luck, Y/N," Misa whispered. I sat in my boss chair and turned it around so my back faced the door. My heart was beating fast out of excitement and curiosity. All of my senses were alert as I heard Misa open the door. "Please leave Mr. Oh alone with my miss," said Misa, "This is a confidential meeting." She was probably talking to Taeyong.

Sehun's POV

I nervously fixed my tie. At least I was on time. Taeyong looked at me when he secretary asked him to leave. "You can leave," I said. "Let me accompany you to the lobby, Mr. Lee," said the lady, "You can discuss some stuff with me until then." Taeyong nodded and bowed to me before leaving with her. I looked at the polished oak door in front of me. "CEO Pearl," read the name-plate, shining silver and spotless just like the handle. I knocked on the door again. "Come in," called out a voice. I turned the handle and walked in.

I blinked a few times, adjusting to the bright light coming in from the glass wall of the cabin. The cabin itself was designed white. It gave off a feeling of grace. My eyes travelled from the cabinets full of files to the glass desk where a laptop sat and lastly to the chair which faced away from me. "Miss. Pearl, I apologize for not turning up yesterday," I said, in my most polite voice. "Hmm," she hummed. I was more focused on everything I had prepared to say and continued, "An emergency came up and I was a bit late." 

I wished she would face me at the very least so that I could read her face and know if my proposal would be accepted or not. "Umm... Miss. Pearl?" I said. She stood up from the chair and I could view her back. Her hair fell to her waist. Her figure looked a bit familiar. A frown formed on my face as she brushed her hair back. "Shouldn't we discuss business?" I asked, tentatively, trying to stay formal. "If you so want to," said the voice, but it sounded close to giggles, "Oh Sehun."

"Wh-" I began, confusedly, but then the woman turned around to face me, laughing hard, as though she had been trying to control her laughter for a long time. "Y/N? What are you doing here?" I asked, blinking. My eyes travelled from her pretty face to how the formal white shirt she wore fit her so well with the blazer and to the name plate on the table which said 'CEO Pearl'. "Why are you in Miss. Pearl's place?" I asked, "And those clothes... You look so good in those." I felt a slight blush creep into my cheeks when I said the last sentence.

She walked around the desk, her heels clicking on the polished floor and towards me, putting her arms around my neck. "Why? Who are you here to see?" she whispered near my lips. I had a hard time focusing on her words and said, "T-The CEO of this company." "She's right in front of you," she whispered, "Her arms around your neck and her body pressed against yours. She is only thinking about how good it would be to kiss you right now. What do you say? Can she?"

"What are you talking about?" I stuttered out. "You are pretty dumb," she said, moving back, but I wrapped my arms around her waist and stopped her at once making her lip curl into a smirk, "Or maybe you are just confused." "Explain," I said, resting my forehead against hers, her eyes staring into my soul and making me breathless.

Y/N's POV

"What's there to explain?" I questioned. "Is this what you became after leaving?" Sehun asked, "THE Pearl?" "As you can see," I said, smiling uncertainly. His face held no expression as he stared into my eyes. "You are the one who has done all those multiple jobs and your net worth is one of the highest in the world?" he continued. "Well yeah," I said, shrugging, "Those too, but I would've just liked-" "You are my Y/N," he cut off. I nodded. 

There was a silence. He sighed and stepped back. I felt weirdly cold as the warmth of his body left mine. "Don't you... like it this way?" I asked. "I'm just... taking my time to think," he said, "You left me for ten years and you changed a lot." "Not really-" I began. "You did," he said, "You have a lot of guy friends now. You are rich... But... You are still you and I know I want you whatever you are!" I smiled in relief after hearing this. "So~ What do you think of the office?" I asked, "And me?" "You look beautiful," he said, a smile appearing on his face, reaching his eyes and filling them with a wonderful shine.

~To be continued~