Ep 12: I know

Y/N's POV

"Wait a minute!" said Sehun suddenly, holding up his hands. "What happened?" I asked. "This is the kind of lady I will accept as your wife!" said Sehun, his tone turning into a very excited one. "Umm... You are marrying me off to myself or something?" I said, feeling relaxed as he seemed perfectly happy. "No!" he said, ignoring my non-sense completely, "I meant my mom! She said this about... YOU!" "Me?" I said, blinking. Now this is new. 

The only stuff I have heard Mrs. Oh talking about me wasn't something I would say aloud about anyone in the world. "Yes!" said Sehun, " She was the one who wanted me to meet Pearl- I mean you- in the first place! And she said you were an amazing woman! And- JUST MARRY ME!" "Y-You are proposing right now?" I asked. He nodded. "You know I have always wanted you as my wife! Y/N, will you marry me?" Sehun asked. 

"I would but I want to 'meet' your mom first," I said, "As myself." He stayed silent for a moment and asked, "What do you mean by 'myself'?" "Not Kim Miso... Not Pearl. As me, Y/N L/N," I said, "I know you hated how I lied to her back then." "I understand that but she will be pretty shocked I guess," said Sehun, slowly, "I really don't want her to bad-mouth you more... Especially since I found out more about your... parents." "You found out...?" I said, in a low voice.

~Flashback~

3rd person POV

"Sir, I found out the information you wanted on the death of Y/N L/N's parents," said Taeyong, as we drove towards the meeting, "They did die in a car crash but something was weird so I dug around a bit more." 'What did you find out?" Sehun asked at once. "The car belonged to one of the Choi group's executives," said Taeyong, "I found the plate number from a CCTV footage." "Choi group..." mumbled Sehun. His eyes widened as all the pieces fell into place. His mum's family name before marriage was Choi... "What was the driver's name?" he asked. "Yun Hyunwoo," Taeyong replied, promptly, "I have some evidence that Madame Oh also asked Mr. Yun to take Miss. Y/N to the villa in Hallasan mountains."

~Flashback ends~

"She asked Mr. Yun to kill them, didn't she?" Sehun asked, looking at his feet, "I found out... this morning. And she threatened you at our family villa in Hallasan mountains... Why did you never say a word to me?" Y/N remained quiet as he stared at her. To his surprise, she let out a small chuckle and said, "Because she didn't mean to kill them." Sehun made a sound of disbelief and asked, "Do you hear yourself right now?"

"I do," said Y/N, "She did not mean to kill them. She looked terrified herself. She might've thought I didn't know but I saw through it all right. She had only wanted to hurt them enough to threaten me but they ended up dying." Her voice was bitter as she spoke. "But she did mean to hurt them! AND she still had the guts to torture you! That's what those scars were! You told me you fell from the stairs!" said Sehun, his voice getting louder by the second. 

"She's never felt sorry or guilty towards you!" he continued, almost shouting now. "Calm down," said Y/N, placing her hands on his shoulders, "This is exactly why I never told you. I didn't want you to think badly of your mother." "THINK BADLY? THINK BADLY?!" said Sehun, "You THINK I only THINK badly of her! I have endured her for the last ten years, wondering if she was my actual mom! She wanted to throw me out of the house back then and I was scared which was why I had to go abroad in the first place! She hasn't done a single good thing to me! The only reason I stayed-" "I know," said Y/N, "I know everything." 

She held both of his hands in hers, rubbing it in circles with her thumb. He took a deep breath and calmed down a little. "I don't care anymore," said Sehun, "You have worked really hard to reach where you are right now and I don't think she deserves you now. We should just... run away." "Is that what you can think of?" Y/N asked. Sehun nodded and said, "As I said earlier, I found my older brother's wife and kid. He can be the heir to the Oh group. I am done here. The only thing I want is to live with you in some peaceful place for the rest of my life." 

"You sound old," said Y/N, "And no. I am NOT running away from her again. I MUST face her. I am not scared." "Y/N, is it really that important?" Sehun asked, "It would only cause the both of us pain..." "It is important to me," said Y/N. "If you say so..." trailed off Sehun, "How do you want to meet her then?" "Hmm," said Y/N, a thoughtful look appearing on her face, "How about trying this." She raised herself on her toes and whispered a plan in his ear. "Are you sure?" he asked and she nodded.

~Time skip~

Sehun's POV

For the first time in a while, I drove my car into the drive of my family house- the place where I had grown up and my parents still lived. I parked the car and got out of it looking up at the sky. This place brings back all sorts of memories. Almost as though it had happened yesterday, I remembered a white-faced Y/N dragging me out of the gates. If only I hadn't been a coward back then... we could've spent a lot more time together. "Sehun," said a deep voice. I turned to find my dad looking out of his car's window. I hadn't noticed when it had entered the gates. "Appa," I said, looking at his face that looked tired and old from all the work he still did despite me handling the business. However the twinkle in his eyes and his kind smile never left his face. "It's good to see you home after so long," he said.

~To be continued~