I

I awoke with a start, frightened by my dream. Nightmares seemed to have become a common occurrence for me. They always left me not fully rested and covered in a thin layer of sweat. Gross. I groggily turned over in my bed to check the time; 7:21 AM.

I heard a sweet chirp come from my bedside.
"Good morning, Flo" I said in a sing song voice. She meowed back weakly.  I scooped her up gently in my arms, so I could cradle her against my chest.  Flo looked at me adoringly and purred. I knew it was just a ploy to get me to feed her sooner, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

After I fed Flo, I decided to hop in the shower. I headed towards the bathroom, but I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My long brown hair was a messy mass a top my head, I must have tossed around in my sleep more than I thought I did. I also had dark circles under my light green eyes, a startling contrast. Ugh. I went on with my morning routine.

By the time I was done in the bathroom I was ready to eat, so I started to make myself Breakfast. I stared aimlessly out of my window while I was waiting for my bagel to pop out of the toaster. My lack of concentration let down my barriers that I usually have built around my mind. Quickly the thoughts from the bookstore that I live above flooded my mind.

'I wonder if they have anything on crocheting?' normal enough for a bookstore.

'damn if these fangers get rights my wife might leave me for one.'
Hopefully she does she's too good for him.

'I hope my jeans make my butt look good'
They do.

Telepathy can be very useful but most of the time it's just irritating. I've had my powers for as long as I can remember, but they started to grow in power 3 years ago, around my 18th birthday. But my cousin Sookie's seemed to have stayed the same, I wonder why that is?

I put the walls back around my mind, and went back to my breakfast. Maybe tomorrow I should eat at Gran's instead? Then I wouldn't have to worry about keeping my walls up when I'm so tired. 

When I was done eating it was almost time for me to go to work. Flo followed me as I hurriedly walked to my closet.

I got dressed in a rush throwing my robe off
to the side. I put on denim shorts, a white tank top, and a green flannel. With my doc martins as well. I work as a freelance photographer in a bum fuck town, so I never worry too much about looking put together. Of course I try harder when I leave Bon Temps.

I walked through the alley behind the bookstore to get to my white 2004 jeep.  Thankfully I didn't park out in front, otherwise I would have been confronted by an angry Mrs. Fortenberry. I could hear her ranting about coupons even as I started to drive away.

~

I arrived at the shoot on time. My client was Terry Beuffleur, he hired me to take portraits of himself and his armadillo, Felix. We decided that the best spot for the pictures were by a lake where Terry likes to fish.
"Okay Terry, give me a big smile!" I said kindly. Terry responded anxiously "Actually I was thinking of doing something a bit more stoic".

"Are you sure? That doesn't really seem like you."

"Yes." He said a little to quickly.
"Alright, but we should do some fun ones just in case" I instructed, Then I got Terry and Felix into position. The armadillo was surprisingly photogenic, it seemed as if Felix was aware that a photo shoot was taking place and he was giving me his best poses.