III

"Love me, hate me! Say what you want about me! But all of the boys and all of the girls! Are begging to if you seek Amy!" I sang into my spatula, while I was making myself lunch. Flo was clearly not impressed by my singing. But I was happy, Sookie wasn't killed by the Rattrays, and Jason didn't kill Maudette! Even if the police still believe he did it.

Tonight I have to go to Gran's house, because she's going to meet Bill Compton for the first time, and she wanted me to be there. He seems nice enough but there's just something about him that makes me uneasy. Maybe it's just because he's a vampire, but I am still very grateful that he saved Sookie.

Supposedly the Rattryas were crushed by their trailer, because of a tornado.  But there weren't any storm warnings, and it just happened at their house.  I don't think it's a coincidence that Sookie  got hurt because of them and then they were found dead the next day.

I suppose it's a good thing that Bill killed them. It's great even, but I still have a bad feeling about him. Don't get me wrong I'm so, so happy that he saved my cousin. But, what will it cost her?

~

"Come in, come in!" Sookie hurriedly pushed me into her and Gran's house. "I want you to help me pick out an outfit for tonight" she said.
"Sook we still have like 6 hours until sundown, so you don't need to rush" I said.
"I know, I'm just worked up today." She continued. "Come upstairs with me!"

We went up the staircase and into Sookie's room. Her room was the definition of girly, with the pink walls and bedspread. Floral wallpaper, dolls from her youth, and a vanity that most little Southern christian girls would die for. But it fit her personality perfectly, because she was a god fearing southern belle.

Once we picked out her outfit and laid it out on her bed, we decided to have a snack and sun bathe for a while.

When we came downstairs Gran was vacuuming the living room.
"You know he sleeps in the ground during the day, I don't think you need to clean the whole house" Sookie said with a laugh.
"I'm not doing it for him, I'm doing it for me. I want to be able to be proud of my home - and how do you know where he sleeps?" Gran responded with a smirk.
"we'll I guess I don't know where he sleeps" Sookie smiled. "Oh lord, Roslyn do you smell that?" Sookie asked me with a disgusted look.

I sniffed the air; I could only smell the cleaning supplies that Gran had been using. As well as some freshly cut flowers that were sitting in a vase on the coffee table.
"Um... no. Can you smell anything Gran?" I asked.

"I have no idea what you two girls are talking about" Gran said.

"You don't think something smells, rotten?" Sookie asked us, we looked at her perplexed.
"Well go find it!" Gran demanded.

Sookie walked farther into the living room, sniffing as she went along. Finally stopping at an armchair, she lifted the chair and reached underneath it. When Sookie pulled out her hand she was holding a small chip, that someone must have dropped on the floor.

"You guys seriously can't smell this?!" Sookie asked concerned.
"No dear." Gran responded, confusion clear on her face. They both looked at me for an answer.

"Oh yeah, know that you mention it, it does smell kind of bad" I lied with a smile. Sookie seemed pleased with my answer, but Gran just looked lost. So, she continued with her cleaning.