Chapter 14

*Warning: Talia, Ra's and the League is mentioned. As well as blood and violence*

Marinette

I walk through the wet streets of Gotham, my head covered by my Looney Tunes hoodie. It had Daffy Duck, Tweetie, The 'Putty' Cat, Daredevil Duck, The roadrunner, The Coyote, Porky Pig and the best of them all, Granny. 

My eyes trail along the ground, my feet walking at a swift pace. I was being followed, I knew that much but I couldn't figure out how it was. I hear a soft whistle and on instinct, move to the side. A dart hits the brick building in front of me; alarm bells ringing inside my head. 

I sprint forward, forcing my eyes to become green and going as fast as I can. I weave through the crowd, muttering hurried apologies to all the people I shoved out of the way. I enter an abandoned warehouse and allowed my eyes to go back to normal. 

I walk around the warehouse, staying close to the walls and listening for footsteps. My eyes dart to the crates when I hear a groaning sound. I hear a soft thud and my eyes dart around, searching for any type of threat. 

I whirl around when I hear footsteps creep behind me. I stare at the person in front of me. I was impossible to tell if they were a boy or a girl, as they were wearing black clothing and had a mask covering their face, except their eyes, and a hood covering their head. 

I maintain eye-contact, while examining all the weapons they had concealed. I notice their hand pull out a needle like object -a dart- and I move on instinct. I knock the dart out of their hand, making my eyes glow green and quickly giving them 2 punches in the face before turning swiftly turning and kicking them, jamming my heel into their temple. 

They collapse onto the ground and I hear more thuds. I smirk as I get into a fighting stance. They come at me and I dodge the first punch, kicking them in the knee, though I wince slightly when I hear a crack and they fall to the ground with their leg bent the wrong direction. 

I feel a prick in the arm and I turn towards them. My fist collides with their face before any movement can be made by them and my vision starts getting blurry. I stumble forward, my knees becoming weak. My eye lids flutter close, and I collapse, the world going dark. 

~~~Welcome to the Time Station! My name is Pip the Time Skip! Please get on and I will take you to your destination!!~~~ 

My eye flutter open, my head pounding, as I groan. I was still in my clothes from earlier. My Looney Tunes hood, jeans, and sneakers. My arms were being forced upwards as my wrists were shackled. My ankles were shackled as well and weighed down by heavy blocks of concrete. 

I could easily tell I was in a cell, even though my eye's were still adjusting to the darkness. My eyes flickered around the room, trying to figure out where I was. My eyes darted to the cell door, when I heard it creak. 

A woman walked in with 2 guards behind her. She had bright green eyes, long brown hair, tan skin, and she looked far too much like Damian for my liking. Her eyes landed on me and she eyed me, her eyes scanning me critically. "Are you sure this is her?" 

She was speaking in Arabic and fortunately, I knew Arabic. (I learned when I was 11. I was bored when I did it). I stared at her, forcing a confused and fearful look on my face. One of the guards answered her, "Yes Ma'am. Disabled 3." 

She looked back at me, her eyes twinkled with an emotion. Pride maybe? "Take off the shackles and take her to where my Father is waiting." I stare at them as my shackles come off and my wrists and ankles throb. I rub my wrists gently and the lady speaks to me in perfect French. 

"Come with me. No talking, no questions. Just follow me." I nod hurriedly, still putting the act up of a frightened, confused teenager. She scoffs and walks out. I follow, keeping my head low. I still had to figure them out before I could make any move to escape. 

We finally enter a large room, and my eyes immediately land on Damian. He was bruised up a little, with a small scratch on his face. His eyes flicker to me and his greens eyes met mine. They widened and I saw fear flicker inside them. 

I was forced on my knees in front of a man. He was in a large pair of robes and he had a girl beside him. Her eyes watched me critically and disgust flickered through them. Ok, what did these people want? I was getting ready to blast them with all my power. 

I stared at him, watching him, trying to figure out what his plans were. He turns to the lady. "Are you sure he would date her? She does not look worthy, Talia. I do hope you have not made a mistake." The lady, Talia apparently, answered. 

"Yes father. They were spotted at the park, cuddling and exchanging small kisses." A rage fired through me as I stared hard at the ground. They were actively spying on us? Then my anger was squashed with fear. Did they know about me being a black? Do they have Marin? Do they-

My thoughts were interrupted with a voice. "Girl, look up at me." I look up at the man, and he narrows his eyes at me. "My name is Ra's Al Ghul. What is your name?" I bit my lip. "Marinette, sir." He harrumphs. "She has manners at least. What color are you?" 

A relief washed through me. They didn't know I was a black. And they didn't need to know. "A green sir. Speed." From the corner of my eye, I saw Damian's eyes widen and the fear became more abundant. 

He scowls and turns to Damian. "A green? You chose a green? That, Damian, is unacceptable. Green is not -and never will be, an acceptable eye color." Damian protests, "Grandfather, le-" He stopped, stiffening and his eyes flickered toward me for a split second. 

Ra's was his Grandfather. Then that make Talia, his mother, which made sense because they had the same facial feature, though his face structure was his father's. I shrug, showing I don't care. Ra's turned toward me. "Why do you shrug at him like that?" 

I jut my chin out, staring him straight in the eye. "To assure him I don't care. Just because his grandfather is an evil, prejudice, bastard and his mother a bitch, doesn't mean I'm going to judge him and treat him like he is the same." 

I saw a blur and a pain seared through my face. The girl, who was originally next to Ra's, had just backhanded me. I stared at her unimpressed. She was practically seething. "Do. Not. Ever. Insult. My Leige."

I raise an eyebrow at her. "And what are you going to do? Stomp you're feet and throw a tantrum like a toddler. A 8 year old could be more threatening than you right now." I smirk when she growled and her eyes turned black. 

Surprise flickered through me and I saw Damian's eye widen. "Grandfather, Mother! You can't be truly thinking-" Talia raised her hand. "Yes. But since she thinks she's worthy of you -which she obviously isn't- she may fight Maya." 

Damian splutters. "Maya Nasim? The twin of Amir Nasim? One of the deadliest duo's in the League?" Talia nods. "Yes. Except she will be fighting Maya alone. She may have a chance to live longer." 

I was forced to a standing position and we were led to a larger room. A fighting arena. There were many assassins in the stands, many with amused expressions of their face. Ra's, Talia, and Damian go up into a stand, somewhere to watch the fight. 

Ra's voice booms throughout, silencing everybody. "This will be a fight between Maya Nasim and Marinette Dupain Cheng! They will fight to see who is worthy of being betrothed to my Grandson, The Demon Heir!" 

I am placed at one end of the Arena and Maya at the other. She got in a fighting stance and I got in mine. "Powers are allowed. The fight will end once one in killed or the other surrenders! You may start when the signal is sounded. There will be 3 rounds." There were 3 beats of silence and then a large gong sound echoed through out. 

And Maya charged at me, eyes glowing a pitch-black. 

A/N: And it has been done! I have updated just as I said!!

An Assassin's Love has been posted and I would greatly appreciate it, if you guys can go read it, vote and comment! 

Hope you guys enjoy!!!

Bye

Danielle