The Aftermath

No one's POV

You and John continued to go out on many dates after the confession. Little things of course, but, they were still dates nonetheless. Whether they were walks to beautiful flowering meadows, to finding hidden treasure together with the help of some old dusty treasure maps that had to have been older than both you and John combined. But your most favorite thing to do together of all, gazing up at a starlit sky on one of the many plateaus surrounding the heartlands of New Hanover, holding hands with John Marston and pointing out the many constellations in sight. 

"Oh and that's Draco! He's a dragon!" You giggled to a very starstruck John

"How's that supposed to look anything like a dragon?!" John exclaimed in confusion

"That's the best part!" you replied "Trying to find out how a constellation even slightly resembles the creature it was based off of."

"I see the big dipper!" John laughed pointing at a pan like shape.

"It looks like a pot of sorts, I guess that's why it's called the big dipper." John guessed.

You laughed at John's analysis, now, he wasn't wrong, it was just like that of a child.

"What?" John inquired noticing your laughter. 

"It's nothing John." You replied with a smile once your laughter had died down. 

"If it's nothing, there's something I'd like to tell you." John blushed, the dim starlight hiding the redness in his face. 

John's POV 

I could feel my heart beating a thousand miles a second, and that was only after the mention of what was to come next. With clumsy hands, I reached into my vest pocket and pulled out a small wooden box. I got down on one knee and took my hat off, soon followed by me taking ____'s hands into my own. 

"I've loved you for a while, (Y/N) (L/N) and...you make me the happiest man alive. So with that thought..."

"Will you marry me?"

I opened the box and revealed a platinum ring. It wasn't very thick and had a single blue diamond placed on it. 

Your POV

"Are you being serious?" I asked looking at John, at the ring and John again. 

I saw John nod.

I felt joy bubble up within me and tackled John into a hug. 

"Is this a yes?" John asked. Clearly, I had forgotten to tell him verbally. 

"Yes John! I will marry you!" 

No one's POV

___ and John stood there in each other's embrace, the starlight causing only their silhouettes to be visible.