The Walk Home | T.R.

"What the hell was that?"

What you feared he would ask was suddenly shoved in your face as you walk out of the university gymnasium. Takahashi had just played a friendly match a few hours prior and being from the same university as he meant that you didn't have an excuse to skip it.

"W-What do you mean?" you cautioned, eyes everywhere but looking at his.

Don't ask, don't ask, you desperately wished.

"Really? You think I don't know you enough to notice how weird you were acting in front of Nishida-san?" he rasped, placing a hand out to wordlessly ask for the gym bag you held for him.

You pull the strap over your head and handed it over to him, "Oh shit, was I that obvious...?" you panicked. You knew you weren't yourself at all after that incident during game but if Takahashi had noticed, it must've been pretty bad.

He let out a sigh and shook his head, "You watch my games all the time and you never noticed Nishida-san then, so why now?"

It was the middle of autumn so that meant falling leaves decorated the sidewalks on the way back to his house. You purposely took mini detours to walk over the crunchy leaves while Takahashi followed you close behind.

"Okay, to be fair, something really ugh happened earlier," you start, jumping into a small pile of leaves, "Oof, I love that crunchy sound."

Takashi only watched as you enjoyed yourself, silently eyeing the orange leaf that made it's way on top of your head. "And I'm supposed to know what the fuck 'ugh' is?" he rolled his eyes and walked a tad bit faster towards you.

You laugh, "Right, sorry. Basically," you halt your words when you felt his arm grab your right shoulder, forcing you to look back at him as he plucked a leaf from your hair. He was close, probably a few inches away and but he did it so effortlessly it almost felt like nothing to you. Almost.

You clear your throat, "Y'know how the bleachers were packed with your loud-ass fangirls earlier?"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, so I came there early right - coz' you told me too. I took the best seat in front and even put a bunch of snacks on it so people know it's taken, and then," you prolonged your last word as you balanced-walked on the edge of the pavement.

"And then what?"

"Can you be patient?"

"No, not really."

You roll your eyes and began to walk next to him, "I see this cute grandma - she was probably one of the other team's obaa-san or something. She looked pretty old with a cane and all that and she was struggling to walk down the stairs soooo-"

"You helped her?" he cut you off.

"Well duh. She was such a cute lady," you added.

"So you only help cute grandmas? What if they're not cute?" he dragged on. "No, I don't. That's not even what I said! I just added the 'cute' part cuz she really looked like a sweet old grandma. Whatever- that's not even the point Ran!" you exasperated, now walking backwards to emphasize your point at his face.

He was about to say something when his expression changed to that of worry. Using his fast reflexes, he immediately pulled you to the side as you feel a gush of wind fly by on your right hand side. It seems a biker was zooming across the pavement way too fast and almost got you in its tracks. You watch as Takahashi glared at the man on the bike, "There's a bike lane for a reason!" he shouted out loud, loud enough for the biker to turn his head back around.