Chapter Five

Godric had Bella escorted back to the room she'd came from. Bella's face was aflame with shame as she had to pass a seemingly amount of people on the way. She heard a guard whistle when she passed him,whispers from the maids. Bella was beginning to think life might have been better at Rosehaven then this.

The servant who'd ran away came back to help her with her bath. She clicked her tongue as she eyed the ruined gown Bella wore. She spoke to Bella in a language she had never heard of. Bella really didn't care to know what was being said.

Bella zoned out and went through the movements. She stepped into the warm water. For some reason she was expecting freezing cold water.

Bella couldn't help but think of Mary. She would be happy and without someone planning the way she had to live her life. It was the only thing keeping Bella from turning numb. Mary was alright and in a way that made Bella feel better.

After her bath Bella was fitted in a plain dress. A maid came into replace the one who'd tended to Bella.

"Enough I will take over from here,"The woman was average height,with a curvy figure, slightly graying natural wavy blond hair and brown eyes.

"My names is Kathleen. I saw to you when you were with fever. Everyone around here calls me Kathy. You may do so to."

"Bella.....Good day to you Kathy,"Bella said without any emotion.

"Lets do something to that lovely hair of yours." Kathy said as she grabbed the brush off of the dresser.

Bella sat down on the edge of the bed. She allowed Kathleen to bush her waist length reddish brown hair. Bella winced as the brush got caught up in tangles.

"Sorry about that miss,"Kathy said as she worked fast to undo the stuck brush.

"Its alright,"Bella said with a deep sigh.

"It's never easy to lose a babe,"Kathy said as she placed a reassuring pat on Bella's shoulder.

"I got rid of it. I didn't lose the child."Bella said with a shrug. Kathy stopped brushing.

"Why would ya do such a thing? Kill the masters babe?" Kathy said in a low whisper. Bella broke down in more tears and everything that happened leading up to this moment spilled out. Bella rumbled everything out in short gasps. From the forced marriage, her dreaded wedding night, bedding the chained Godric,all the way up to her aborting the baby.

"I was saving the child from being a puppet on strings. I could not bare to witness such a thing. I wish I hadn't but it was my only option at that time. Maybe if I had waited I would still be carrying the babe. I can't say that regret it because I do. I am a good person I swear it. Everything I did was for the sake of Mary my sister. To keep her alive. I couldn't allow her death to be on my hands. That's the only good thing that has come out of this. She is finally free."Bella said as she dried her face.

"I haven't heard a word of what you have just spoken. Meaning you don't have to worry about my tongue wagging about it. Besides I believe the lord would have me dead by morning if I went about telling everyone why he was missing for that period of time. If all you say is true."Kathy said as she begin to part Bella's hair.

"I have no reason to go about telling lies."Bella said hoarsely.

"I wasn't trying to imply that you were telling a lie. Its just hard for me to picture you taking Godric as you did. You're such a slight thing but beautiful none the less. While Godric is this big brute of a man that has women running as fast as they can the opposite direction from him." Kathy said as he begin to french braid Bella's hair."A little funny it is. I blame him a little for getting himself in such a situation."