Chapter Eight

Sweat beaded Bella's forehead. She vigorously scrubbed the floor in anger. Her necklace was gone with that tramp Melissa to god only knew where. Bella was up half the night crying about it. She doubted she would ever see it again. She hated Godric more than ever. Forget how she wronged him. He was treating her far worse and by his own choice. No one was threatening him or using his loved ones against him. And know here she was on her hands and knees scrubbing the dirty floors of his castle. De-ranked and stripped of her title on his authority.

Bella refused to remain here as she was. She had to make her escape. The sooner the better. She had yet to know what guards patrolled where and when. She wanted to be far away from here hours ago. Her mind wandered to Mary. She hoped all was well with her little sister. Bella wished she could be right by her side. Soon she told herself. God willing she would be by Marys side soon enough. She just had to keep hope. Hope that was slowly beginning to slip away.

"Is this the best you can do?"

Bella gritted her teeth and kept up with her work. Ignore him she told herself. She couldn't stop herself from feeling uneasy as his shadow fall over her.

"I believe I asked you a question."Godric said as he nudged her with his feet. Bella's nostrils flared up in rage. How dare he put his filthy foot upon her in such a way.

"Yes. I am afraid this is the best I can do. Considering I have lived all my life as a lady,"Bella said through clenched teeth as she scrubbed harder then necessary.

"And?"Godric said.

"What would that be?"Bella said as she ceased her movements and gazed up at Godric.

"I believe you forget to address me as the person I am. Did you forget you are nothing more then a servant now,"Godric said as pleasure filled his blue eyes. He found great joy in seeing the hate sparkling in her eyes.

"My lord."Bella said in anger.

"You know I can always take you up on your offer Bella. Give you what you have given me. Do upon to as you have done to me."

"But I did-"Bella stopped. It was true. She did in a way offer herself to him in the kitchen yesterday. For him to take his retribution in the same manner he had been taken against his will. Her cheeks flushed scarlet red. She was a fool to take advice from his mother and that Kathy. Thank goodness he hadn't accepted that offer. Or else she would be in his bed, and probably chained as he was. A shudder passed over her at the thought. She would rather scrub floors,do laundry,and everything else he made her do but that.

"Lucky for you rape doesn't suit me."Godric said in anger.

"I did not enjoy doing those god forsaken things to you. For the last time I didn't have a choice. If I did have one I certainly wouldn't be in the position I am in at the moment."

"This position is one of my favorites actually."Godric said with humor behind his voice.

"Then you can get down here and scrub your floor yourself."Bella said as she stopped to wipe the sweat off her forehead. She didn't get the true meaning of his words. The sexually reference he was making. How could she?

"I keep forgetting Bella you were a virgin."Godric laughed. Bella blushed. She didn't get way he was referring to her lost virginity at a time like this. And she certainly wasn't going to kneel here plundering over it.

"I hope you don't mind my lord but I would like to finish before the day ends. I wouldn't want to miss my meal. I need my strength for this hard labor. Wouldn't you say so sir?"

"Continue. Once you are done make haste to my chambers."

"Whatever for?"Bella said as she dared to look up. She didn't like what she was seeing in those blue eyes.