[1] Just a day

''Day 234,'' A soft feminine voice started to speak among the darkness. Suddenly, a light flickered for a second before colours swooped in, forming what looked like a girl. In a room. This was a camera.

The high school girl recording had wanted to become a model since she started middle school. Her name? Taichi Sasuke. She had beautiful blonde locks and purple eyes. Amongst the pixels, she started to speak again to the camera. 

''What exactly don't I know about being a model? I've been studying such professionalism for years and yet I still haven't been chosen by a model agency!'' Taichi exclaims. ''Venting to the camera won't make the process quicker, yknow!'' Another soft, sweeter voice rang out from behind the camera. This was her best friend ever since Kindergarten, Taeko Sumane. Similar names, I know but that's one of the reasons they get along so well.

''I know, Tae-chan.'' Taichi sighs as she places her hand on top of the camera, turning it off. ''I wasn't gonna send that footage anyway.'', Taeko stood up and went over to her friend, resting her hand on Taichi's shoulder. Reassuring her, she spoke, ''Hey, You'll get there one day. Give it time, Tai-chan.''. For only a brief moment, Taeko looked over to the wall opposite them to see a clock. The time was 4:15 pm. It was a Monday. This could only mean one thing.

''Taichi, As much as I love spending time with you, you have work in an hour! Sorry, I just realised the time.'' Taeko urgently says as Taichi realises as such as well. ''Crap, I almost forgot about that!- Make yourself at home, Taeko! I'll change and then I'll have to rush for work!'' Taichi burst out in panic as she rushed to her closet.

45 minutes later, Taeko had gone home and Taichi was on her way to work. With school ending at 3:15 pm, Taichi had gotten a job starting at 5:15 pm. She didn't do much... Just stack shelves in a grocery store. It was quite a boring job, actually.  

As she arrived, she stacked and restocked as usual, until she heard a little girl crying. She couldn't just tune out the sound and continue her job so she paused her duties and checked the next aisle for the kid. The sight Taichi saw was a girl with white pigtails and a purple dress. Next to her was an ice cream smudged on the floor. Opposite the stand she was leaning on, was two boys who seemed to be snickering in her direction. ''Excuse me, what happened here?'' Taichi asked them, only the girl answering, ''I just wanted... to eat my... ice cream...'' She sobbed more, taking deep exhales between each of her words. ''Can you tell me what you're laughing at?'' Taichi turns her attention to the boys, who were trying not to laugh. ''We just think it's funny!'' One of them replied. The other looked down with guilt. ''What about you? What do you think is funny?'' Taichi bent down to their level, asking the terrified boy. ''Um... Nothing miss. We threw her ice cream on the floor and was naughty... We're sorry! Please don't tell our mommy!'' He admitted. Taichi gave an exaggerated pout as she negotiated with the children. ''If you say sorry to her and not be mean to anyone again, I won't tell your mommy's. Deal?'', ''Yes Ma'am.'' The first boy held his head, agreeing with the deal. After apologising, they both ended up running off. ''Thank you, miss...'' the little girl wiped her tears and got up. Taichi bought her another ice cream as promised, and then they both went their separate ways.

Unfortunately, This was the first interesting experience she had at work in months. Alas, she acknowledged it wouldn't do anything, so Taichi finished her shift and had her homemade sushi-dish dinner, ending her perfectly ordinary day.