[3] Maybe a Not-So-Normal day

It was 11:30 am. 

Taichi had worn her black hoodie, hiding over the hood. If she was caught outside of school, she'd be in big trouble. She stood still in the alley, leaning on a large green bin. 

''So you actually made it.'' A familiar voice made Taichi jump as Mai had arrived. ''Yeah. I wanna hear what's going to be happening and what's in it for me.'' Taichi replied, sternly. 

''Let me explain our first mission. Then you'll hear what I can do for you in return. In about 25 minutes, we'll start our heist. We'll be fighting our way through a big banking office filled with loan sharks until we get to the boss' office. We've been hired by a fellow classmate to dispose of this guy. And if you accompany me on this heist? I'll sneak into a famous model agency's office and put your application in with the others, making you both noticed and directly through to a professional.'' Taichi listened to both the plan and the offer. This is it... She can finally be referred to a modelling agency in a way that they'll have to notice her. Mai broke her from her thoughts, saying in an amused tone, ''I know that face. You wanna say yes, don't you?'', ''Yeah. I do. And I will. Seems easy enough, right?'' Taichi sealed the deal as Mai smirked and walked off. Confused, Taichi followed her.

Mai led Taichi to another back alley, this time was one in the city, near a tall building. ''We're climbing to the 24th floor, How good are you with climbing ropes?''  Mai asks, grabbing ropes out of her backpack. ''Well, let's just say elementary school gym class gave me all the training I need for this,'' Taichi said. Mai smirked, throwing her the rope. They threw their ropes on a ledge, jumped on the wall and with nothing but their arm strength and shoe grip, climbed their way to the 24th floor.

SMASH! The 24th-floor window was broken and Mai & Taichi jumped in. ''Huh- What are you doing here?!'' A worker screamed, then Mai kicked him straight in the neck which paralyzed him. Mai glanced at her phone, then said, ''This way.'' as she rushed up the stairs. Of course, multiple other workers tried to stop them but alas, this is why Taichi was chosen to help. 

They were almost to the boss' office. Every worker who got in the way was on the floor, unconscious. A black metal door with gold trim was on the last floor, and inside awaiting them was the boss. ''Hello there. Fuchigami, is it not? And who's your new plaything?'' He said in a malicious British voice. ''None of your business. Speaking of business, we have a request from a very well-paid client. Hatsuki, isn't it? You have two options. Let Mr Hatsuki go or I'll shoot you right here, right now.'' Mai said, with her bargain. Hatsuki? No, surely not. In Mai and Taichi's class, there was a girl with multiple part-time jobs. Her name? Hina Hatsuki. Her dad must be the one victimised by this loan shark guy. At least, that's how Taichi thought of it.

''Ah, yes. Shin Hatsuki really made a name for himself, didn't he? I'll have you know, Yakuza-girl. He came to me.''  He smiled, leaning on his desk with his elbows. ''That's your excuse for everyone. But if you're not going to comply then I guess ill make this easy for you.'' Taichi was about to ask something but Mai suddenly pulled out a gun, pointing it at the boss man.

As if the gun wasn't enough to shock Taichi, red and blue lights, followed by sirens were heard outside. ''You didn't...'' Mai scowled at him as he continues to say, ''Yes, actually, I did. You didn't think I wouldn't know if somebody would hire a yakuza on me someday, did you? Pity.'' He gave one last villainous laugh as Mai exclaims, ''We need to get out of here, now.'' and continues to drag Taichi out of the building and left through the same broken glass window they jumped in through, but this time, some of Mai's fellow yakuza members were at the bottom with a mattress for them to jump on to. Finally, they were both led into a car and taken to the Fuchigami Yakuza base. 

''Make yourself at home,'' Mai says as she leaves Taichi alone in what looked like a tea room. ''Okay...'' Taichi whispered to herself. She's shocked at herself at how she isn't more emotional about this situation. She just broke into a building and helped to almost assassinate a loan shark that was terrorising the father of one of her classmates! Just then, the door opened and a brown-haired, brown-eyed girl came in. ''Hatsuki? What are-'' Taichi was about to ask but Hina cut her off. ''Hi there, Sasuke-san... You probably figured it out but I'm the one who hired you and Mai.'' she started, as she went over to a coffee machine and poured two cups of coffee. Placing one of the cups in front of Taichi on the coffee table, Taichi sat down and drank with Hina. ''So... You knew that Mai was part of a yakuza?'' Taichi started to question. ''Of course. The rumours of that very thing weren't just going around you rich kids.'' She scoffed before sipping more coffee. ''No need for that nickname but okay... But um... I'm sorry about your dad.'' Taichi realised why Hina was salty at her. It wasn't her personally, just that her dad's tormentor was still alive. ''No need to apologise. It's not your fault that bastard had security cameras in every room of every floor. I heard he even has some in the bathrooms.'' Hina blurted, putting down her cup. 

The door opened once more and in came Mai. ''Police stopped looking for the suspects. We're safe to head home,'' she said. Hina smiled, thanked Mai and Taichi and then said her goodbyes. ''Don't worry, Taichi. I remember what I promised you. I'll do it sometime over the weekend after we successfully assassinate Mr Steal Yo Money.'' Mai chuckled as she left and got one of her yakuza coworkers to drive Taichi home. 

Taichi Sasuke laid in bed that night, still wondering how she hadn't quite processed everything that happened. What she did, what was said and who was involved. With thoughts being processed, Taichi heard a ding from under her pillow. It was a text from her best friend, Taeko.

''Tai-chan!!! Why weren't you at school today?''

''Sorry, Taeko! I was just a little sick is all! Might still be by tomorrow as well (:''

''Ah, It's okay! I'll come over after school to check on you!''

''Oh, there's no need!-''

''Don't even try to be modest! I'm coming over with ice cream and don't say no!'', With that, Taeko's mind was made up. 

Ending this exhaustingly crazy day with a sigh and limp hand dropping a phone.