5- Borrowing (Without Asking)

"So, explain to me how you know Good-looking One, Two, and Three? You go to their school?" Kelsey questioned as soon as we made it to my bedroom. She threw her backpack on the floor next to the door before jumping onto my bed, completely at home.

I nodded my head as I placed my backpack on my desk next to my laptop. She smiled and rolled over so she was now on her back. She clasped her hands together in glee. "You're so lucky. Everyone at my school was so sad when Braddon got kicked out," she sighed sadly. "His last day was a sad day," she added on dramatically.

I chuckled and threw my pillow at her, hoping to knock her out of the trance she seemed to be in. I sat on my bed as well, near the headboard. "You make it seem like he's a celebrity or something," I giggled, dodging the pillow she threw back at me.

"He may was well be. I'm sure everyone in the city knows who Braddon Wilson is," she explained.

"Wow, he must have made some name for himself," I concluded.

"Yeah. It goes back to when his older sister and brother were in school. His brother was a freaking genius with a knack for rebelling, and his sister was captain of, well, everything with a mouth as blunt as a drug head's pockets. All three sibling left their mark on your school in some way, shape, or form," Kelsey recited, as if she practiced this speech at home before seeing me.

"You're so informative. How the heck do you know all that?" I asked in wonder and amazement. Seriously, she could've invented Google with all the stuff she knows.

My friend shrugged a single shoulder. "I have my resources," she answered vaguely.

Suddenly, a gap in the story catches my attention.

"Wait, if only Braddon went to your school, how do you know Conner and Allen?" I asked, the hole in the story making me curious.

"The three of them have been friends for the longest; something about their parents all working in the same field or something like that. Allen and Conner would show up at my school after hours, so everyone would see them goofing around in the parking lot," she informed me yet again.

She paused and shook her head with a chuckle. "If Braddon can cause chaos himself alone, I can only imagine what's happening with all of them in the same school building," she added on.

"Well, Braddon just came back from a two week suspension."

"Sounds about right," she laughed. But then, she suddenly gasped. She turned on her stomach and looked at me. "Speaking of chaos, did I see you roll your eyes when you were talking with Braddon?" Kelsey asked in completely curiosity.

I shrugged my shoulders like she had, and she gasped again. "Who are you, and what have you done to my best friend?" she asked dramatically. "Seriously, Jadore. You never roll your eyes. Not even when I annoy you into doing something I think is fun, but you think is bad," she reminded me.

I sighed and began to fumbling with my fingers. "I don't know. I don't know what it is about him that makes me so..." I trailed off and sighed again, not able to find the right word.

"Annoyed?" Kelsey guessed. I nodded my head and snapped my finger, gesturing that she hit the nail on the head.

"I just don't understand, Kelsey. I just get so frustrated with him, and you know that's not me," I admitted.

"Yeah, that's not you. I envy and admire your positivity. Hell, if it wasn't for your optimism, we wouldn't be best friends," she clarified. She was silent for a moment before she laughed. "It's kind of funny when you think about it. You have the complete opposite reaction towards him that girls usually have," she added on.